• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can anyone tell me what color cerakote this is? UPDATE post #51

If I havent ever shot a gun that I am trading, I will always tell the person that I am trading with. I also tell them that I will make it right if something doesnt work. Have you gotten back to the guy that you traded with?

I hate trading any gun that I have not personally fired myself. And I wont ever intentionally trade one that I know has issues. Full disclosure it always best.

My experience with bubba built Ar10s.They are gonna usually have issues if there not matching parts or companys.The Ar10s for some reason are not as giving as Ar15 when just about every part out there will work on them.

Probably painted lower if flaking or poor mix and prep work when coated.

Looks like it was set up for suppressor, have you tried it suppressed? If it will run suppressed, it could be either a misaligned gas block or adjustable gas block turned down too low. I know you said it didn't have adj gas block; but some of them have the controls on the back. Check the hammer spring for the light strikes and make sure it is installed correctly and also not a "light" one to improve the trigger feel.

It has a .308 carbine buffer and .308 spring. I've built a few of these so I'm familiar with their parts. I just didn't look over it good enough when we met.
I have also shot it surpressed. Still FTE every few rounds. Trigger and hammer spring appear to be installed correctly. I will throw my Timney in it next Range session to see if I can improve light primer strikes.
Looks like it was set up for suppressor, have you tried it suppressed? If it will run suppressed, it could be either a misaligned gas block or adjustable gas block turned down too low. I know you said it didn't have adj gas block; but some of them have the controls on the back. Check the hammer spring for the light strikes and make sure it is installed correctly and also not a "light" one to improve the trigger feel.

Light primer strikes are either hammer or hammer spring usually . How is the condition of the ejector ? I would say replace that and go from there

Just damn, that sucks bad. I would Neg him for misrepresentation of the offer presented. Be sure to look ot over thoroughly next time, even looking up the bore. I hate that, sure its a rarity on ODT!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom