• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can I accept a Credit Card?

SC0TT

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
311   0
Reaction score
Probably been asked before but I couldn't find it in my search.

I have a firearm for sale and a friend wants to purchase it. I have a card reader for my small business and my buddy wants to pay for my firearm with his credit card because he is short on cash.

Can I do this legally?

<- Not an accountant, but your merchant account should feed into your business bank account. Now you're running a personal item through your business merchant account and business bank account. Too messy for me. If your merchant account is feeding into your personal account, then I'd recommend separating your small business funds from your personal funds.

You can accept a CC payment that is not a problem, I have merchant services for my business, just don't want to report money from a sale as company revenues

Can't he connect his credit card to a PayPal account and send it to you through PayPal? (or I could be wrong)

Can't he connect his credit card to a PayPal account and send it to you through PayPal? (or I could be wrong)
He could but why. . PayPal will get their cut, unless he sends it friends and family with nothing in subject

Im having him do just that Cadcom. Sending the funds through a PayPal transfer

Basically i didn't know if the sale had to be cash or if i could take an electronic form of payment. Just didnt want to get myself into an issues

Back
Top Bottom