• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can I "FREE" SBR everything Now As Long As I Register it?

I’m fine catching all the flak but I’m asking pertinent questions that affect many of us here.

So a serious question for everyone thumbing their nose at this new rule: If this thing really does stick and remain rule of law, are you going to remove braces and have a useless pistol you can’t shoulder, acquiesce and register or do nothing and hope you don’t catch a charge? It’s a genuine question - I’m not trying to be a keyboard smartass.

Seems like the easiest thing would be to ditch the pistol-length upper for a rifle length.
I agree... I'm not attached to any of my AR pistols in their current form. Uppers would be the easiest solution. I did just buy a Kalashnikov USA KP9 that I really don't want to get rid of though. So if comes down to it in 120 days, that's one I may have to end up registering.

I’m fine catching all the flak but I’m asking pertinent questions that affect many of us here.

So a serious question for everyone thumbing their nose at this new rule: If this thing really does stick and remain rule of law, are you going to remove braces and have a useless pistol you can’t shoulder, acquiesce and register or do nothing and hope you don’t catch a charge? It’s a genuine question - I’m not trying to be a keyboard smartass.

Nope. It is our duty to ignore unconstitutional laws.

I have rifles. I have pistols. I have SBRs, cans, SBS, and braces. I have a clean record and a medical license. I can’t imagine anyone would want to take me to court cause it would be Jury Nullification in no time.

So, I have a couple factory pistols with factory installed braces..

Sig rattler 300BLK with the push-in pull-out stock, can I simply stick a 16" 223/556 PSA upper on it and call it a day ? Will it still meet the OAL requirements for a rifle ?

Sig pistol with the original rubber wrap-around-arm ugly Sig brace, same question, can I simply install a 16" palmetto state upper and call it done ?
Measurement can be taken from the end of the buffer tube, or end of the lower receiver of the Rattler, to the end of the barrel, to measure for the 26" OAL.

Measurement can be taken from the end of the buffer tube, or end of the lower receiver of the Rattler, to the end of the barrel, to measure for the 26" OAL.
But, pretty sure you can’t have in your possession any short-barreled upper without a registered lower. Goes to ‘intent’.

Be interesting to see their system handle it. I bet of 10% of the folks with such things put in the paperwork, wait times will shoot past a year over night.

I want to see the form for the free stamp. I have one last gun that I have been meaning to stamp and keep forgetting about as it hides in the back. I'll take a free stamp as long as the form doesent require anything more than the normal one.

Back
Top Bottom