• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can I "FREE" SBR everything Now As Long As I Register it?

Can't my Rattler's stock be extended when measuring for OAL ? It's not a swing-type stock, rather it's a collapsing-extending type stock :thumb:
No, the measurement can only include the stock if it is fixed, like an A2 stock.

But, pretty sure you can’t have in your possession any short-barreled upper without a registered lower. Goes to ‘intent’.
That’s so not true. On so many levels. What about all the AR pistols without a brace? That short barrel upper in your opinion puts you in possession of having a SBR because of some imaginary “intent” to put that upper on a lower that has a stock? I’ve seen this “theory” posted on Internet forums for more than a decade with no actual examples.

And, unless we are getting arrested for another felony, no one is getting busted for anything re these ATF gun rules and interpretations. I don’t know about y’all, but I can’t think of any reason as to why the atf would be in my gun safe measuring my stuff.

Other tax stamps/ NFA registrations don't include incriminating photos of your "illegally" possessed/ unregistered NFA item.

It appears you only submit photos if you want them to analyze and decide if it fits the new criteria. Info is still fresh though so I'm not stating that as fact.

But, pretty sure you can’t have in your possession any short-barreled upper without a registered lower. Goes to ‘intent’.
No, it doesn't. It goes to "constructive possession." Nothing to do with intent, which is completely impossible to prove.

Also, in for answers. I've got a .458 I was going to Form 1.

The Bump stock ban just got shut down so I doubt this Brace bs will hold up.
Proof that both sides of the isle are looking for miniscule, short-term 2A violations to gain favor with whomever is pissed off at guns at the moment.

Trump cited Las Vegas, Biden cited Boulder.

If the bump stock ban was defeated, so too will the brace ban. It may take years though.

Back
Top Bottom