• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can I "FREE" SBR everything Now As Long As I Register it?

I think I’d rather pay the $200 and sbr it with a stock instead of feeling like I’m agreeing with the atf that a brace is a stock. The more we go the “free” route, the more we prove their point I think.
Either way, you’re on another gubmint list, so yours can be among the first to be picked up when they make another arbitrary “rules change”.

Never understood why shotgun/rifle barrels have different length requirements.
I almost got bit with that same thing years ago on a shotgun.

Both were originally 18" in the NFA act, but successive legislation reduced the legal length for barrels to 16". First for rimfire and then later for all rifles.

Most gun folks are too compliant in their nature to even imagine mass noncompliance as an option. Sad but true.

Gun folks are law abiding people. If we weren't we would be criminals. You may not like the law and fight against it, but that doesn't mean becoming a felon.

I’m fine catching all the flak but I’m asking pertinent questions that affect many of us here.

So a serious question for everyone thumbing their nose at this new rule: If this thing really does stick and remain rule of law, are you going to remove braces and have a useless pistol you can’t shoulder, acquiesce and register or do nothing and hope you don’t catch a charge? It’s a genuine question - I’m not trying to be a keyboard smartass.

Rifle caliber pistols aren't really useless. There were techniques to shoot these fairly well long before there were braces.

Personally, some of the 'brace' guns I may or may not have were always going to be SBR'd. If this sticks I'll take advantage of the free stamp for these. For the rest I'll probably just remove the brace and use them as pistols.

Braces were a good work-around but we all knew that they were a short term solution.

While I really want to see both this rule and the bump-stock rule not only overturned but used to put real limits on the ATF (and other .gov entities) I'll support that by helping out SAF, FOC, GOA and a few other groups. Not by opening up myself to a felony charge.

Hope this get so attention and atleast gets more thinking

Attachments

• 20230121_095917.jpg
    20230121_095917.jpg
    409.6 KB · Views: 14
Whether the ATF is capable of enforcing the rule that they have made is irrelevant - don't believe for a minute that they aren't giddy at the prospect of turning all of those people into felons. Sometimes, the agenda is like playing pool. You put all the balls over the pockets so that when the time comes, you can sink them all easily.

Those of you who have read Atlas Shrugged may remember this:

"We're after power and we mean it. You fellows were pikers, but we know the real trick, and you'd better get wise to it. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them...you create a nation of lawbreakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Rearden."

Gun folks are law abiding people. If we weren't we would be criminals. You may not like the law and fight against it, but that doesn't mean becoming a felon.
Eh by definition many Folks are law abiding citizens and can and often times commit felonies or federal offenses without knowing. Many folks do too. I've met plenty of folks who manufactured moonshine. All were law abiding except for the government telling them its illegal to make liquor. Or plenty of folks who are in possession of even small personal amounts of marijuana in states where it's legal, it is still a federal offense. Years ago before many of us were born people couldn't sit in establishments, marry who they wanted, attend schools, or even have intercourse with who they consented to do so with all over race or sexual orientation without fear of prosecution. Mass noncompliance worked for them, and would work for gun owners. The vast majority of society are law abiding citizens, but just as the forefathers laid out in our constitution you are just as obligated to pushback against unconstitutional laws as you are to follow laws that abide by the constitution. The mindset of "well we could be turned into felons" is the mindset pushed by the same folks who want all citizens to conform and be docile, and continued by the ones who have already been brainwashed into the belief of fearing the government.

Eh by definition many Folks are law abiding citizens and can and often times commit felonies or federal offenses without knowing. Many folks do too. I've met plenty of folks who manufactured moonshine. All were law abiding except for the government telling them its illegal to make liquor. Or plenty of folks who are in possession of even small personal amounts of marijuana in states where it's legal, it is still a federal offense. Years ago before many of us were born people couldn't sit in establishments, marry who they wanted, attend schools, or even have intercourse with who they consented to do so with all over race or sexual orientation without fear of prosecution. Mass noncompliance worked for them, and would work for gun owners. The vast majority of society are law abiding citizens, but just as the forefathers laid out in our constitution you are just as obligated to pushback against unconstitutional laws as you are to follow laws that abide by the constitution. The mindset of "well we are could be turned into felons" is the mindset pushed by the same folks who want all citizens to conform and be docile, and continued by the ones who have already been brainwashed into the belief of fearing the government.
Preach!

Back
Top Bottom