• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can I get more HP out of my Safari Van

Rabbit2047 Rabbit2047 What happened with the blown motor in your Mini?

New Motor, new turbo, new AC condenser, new Clutch pack, new flywheel, new spark plugs, new belts, new fuel lines....

Total cost was a little over $700 for the clutch.

Unfortunately the new motor wasn't tested like the parts vendor said and had a worse knock than the old one, so I gotta wait for a 2nd new motor. It's a pain in the ass....

I don't blame my warranty company or the mechanic fixing it... I blame the parts vendor for advertising it as a good motor when it wasn't.

Everything is getting taken care of, it's just slower than I anticipated.

Thanks for asking though.

I'd never own one due to crash tests.
I had goid luck with the BG 3 part fuel injection cleaner on my 4.3. A shop would have to do it, preferably one that already sells BG.
The shop local to me that sells BG doesn't stock the 3 part deal.

Transmission is ok but starting to shift slowly coming out of second gear.
sniper22 sniper22 I assume the cold air intake could help but not sure I'm up to programing anything. I have a hard time with the cable remote. I'll put the plugs in and a cold air intake and see what happens.
@Lockout, the check eng. light has been on and off 4 years and has been on for awhile now. Code said the second bank O2 sensor and I'll replace it. No clue if that is an issue or not. A mechanic the other day said the thermostat wasn't working properly and I'm clueless if that could be an issue.
Looks like, plugs, cold intake, O2 sensor and a thermostat. All things I can do.
if thermostat is bad the computer will think the engine is still cold and will not let the timing advance witch will cause your problem also need to get check engine light problem taken care of before wasting money on cold air intake and etc mechanic for 43 years

I have a 2003 GMC Safari with 80K miles. It has the standard Chevy V6. It runs great except now that we are living in Jasper it's sluggish getting up the hills. It's never been tuned up and I'm wondering if besides putting new plugs in, is there anything I can do to add a little more get up and go.

Has the catalytic converter ever been replaced? I had to replace mine on a 2004 Yukon a few years ago. It was getting sluggish before I changed it out.

Back
Top Bottom