• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can NFA items be sold person to person?

Joby

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
13   0
Reaction score
Can a non-FFL seller sell/transfer an NFA item to a non-FFL buyer. On the form 4 it just says Transferee's and Transferor's and then further it says "Transferee's Federal Firearms License (If any)".
If ok, then I would think that the seller holds the item until the stamp and form are approved and in the seller's hands. Then they could just hand it all over? Is there an issue with the 4473, unless it is not necessary as no FFL is involved.
Just wondering.

Yes, it's not that hard. The one thing you have to work out is the period of time between the buyer paying and the stamp coming back. Buyer has to trust that the seller will still be around when the stamp comes back.
The stamp gets delivered to the seller, at least that's how it worked in my case.

Yes, it's not that hard. The one thing you have to work out is the period of time between the buyer paying and the stamp coming back. Buyer has to trust that the seller will still be around when the stamp comes back.
The stamp gets delivered to the seller, at least that's how it worked in my case.

You are correct, Sir.

Back
Top Bottom