• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can somebody make a filter so I can weed out the overpriced stuff that only the OP keeps bumping?

I wish there was a filter that weeded out posts that cry over someone’s else’s ads.

So many ads here, easy to just pass by. Probably better for you than stressing about inconsequential stuff.

I understand your point here...However...

It’s like junk mail and unsolicited sales calls on my cellphone.

I find myself closing out of the ODT when I have to sift through hundreds of damn reposted ads just looking for a dumbass newbie to jump on their overpriced crap. It’s becoming like having to look through pages and pages of ads just to find a real ad...like my damn email inbox with all the junk mail. At some point I’m just gonna get tired of it and quit. Join a private invitation only forum or Facebook group that keeps all the junk out.

I haven’t tried the ignore function...guess I’m going to have to do that and see if it helps. Maybe ads that have been for reposted more than six months with no changes could go into the old ads and not junk up the real for sale section? Force sellers to lower price if they want to stay in the current ads? Idk...just a thought.

I guess real change will only come if enough members vote with their feet and go elsewhere.

I like the member.....I’ve just seen the ad at least 1000 times and it’s not even close to a sellable price. It’s just going to be there forever I guess.

Did the seller refuse your "low ball" offer, or choose not to reply to your PM?

Maybe you haven't made an offer?

Did the seller refuse your "low ball" offer, or choose not to reply to your PM?

Maybe you haven't made an offer?

Didn't even feel comfortable making what would clearly be seen as a "lowball" offer since the asking price was stratospheric. The asking price was well above LIST price on currently available goods.

Point taken, but the problem is clearly in the posting as it has been up forever and is only getting self-bumped.

Didn't even feel comfortable making what would clearly be seen as a "lowball" offer since the asking price was stratospheric. The asking price was well above LIST price on currently available goods.

Point taken, but the problem is clearly in the posting as it has been up forever and is only getting self-bumped.

^^^^^
This

I understand your point here...However...

It’s like junk mail and unsolicited sales calls on my cellphone.

I find myself closing out of the ODT when I have to sift through hundreds of damn reposted ads just looking for a dumbass newbie to jump on their overpriced crap. It’s becoming like having to look through pages and pages of ads just to find a real ad...like my damn email inbox with all the junk mail. At some point I’m just gonna get tired of it and quit. Join a private invitation only forum or Facebook group that keeps all the junk out.

I haven’t tried the ignore function...guess I’m going to have to do that and see if it helps. Maybe ads that have been for reposted more than six months with no changes could go into the old ads and not junk up the real for sale section? Force sellers to lower price if they want to stay in the current ads? Idk...just a thought.

I guess real change will only come if enough members vote with their feet and go elsewhere.

You might be on to something. I'd love a filter that enabled me to "ignore" any member that has been ignored by more than N users. Or, since most ads in any database have a unique ID, and may also have a counter that numbers the times it's been 'relisted', why not allow a filter to be set for any ads that have been 'relisted' more than N times? Hell, I'd pay an extra $15 per year for that feature.

Back
Top Bottom