• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can someone explain the lock

Locked ads are usually when their item is overpriced or they are embarrassed about their item and don't want to hear the truth. They would rather hide behind the lock. I place everyone that locks their ads on my Ignore list. If they do not want to discuss their item then I do not want to see their ad. I am NOT missing any good deals by doing this. The posters that place ads that are truly good deals will welcome comments and leave their ad unlocked.

Sorry to see that good ole "Joey Adams" got the ban hammer. On since 2015, with two posts. Good riddance to whoever the "Joey Adams" really is.

A locked ad is the seller's choice. If the ad is locked, you will not have offers made in open forum. Offers should be made by PM anyway, but some, in their haste, forget that. If the ad is locked, you will not get, "this is a pistol? WTF"! Which are usually posted by those who do not know what the value of the item is and don't want to look it up. Apparently they prefer to look like an idiot in open forum. That all being said, I don't lock my ads. My choice.

Sorry to see that good ole "Joey Adams" got the ban hammer. On since 2015, with two posts. Good riddance to whoever the "Joey Adams" really is.

A locked ad is the seller's choice. If the ad is locked, you will not have offers made in open forum. Offers should be made by PM anyway, but some, in their haste, forget that. If the ad is locked, you will not get, "this is a pistol? WTF"! Which are usually posted by those who do not know what the value of the item is and don't want to look it up. Apparently they prefer to look like an idiot in open forum. That all being said, I don't lock my ads. My choice.

Well said and what business is it of anyone other than the seller.
My guess is good ole "Joey Adams" was a second or third or fourth etc account for one of the more outstanding members.

Locked ads are usually when their item is overpriced or they are embarrassed about their item and don't want to hear the truth. They would rather hide behind the lock. I place everyone that locks their ads on my Ignore list. If they do not want to discuss their item then I do not want to see their ad. I am NOT missing any good deals by doing this. The posters that place ads that are truly good deals will welcome comments and leave their ad unlocked.
Judging by all your deals you must have everyone on ODT on ignore.Just saying

Back
Top Bottom