• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can someone give me an idea how much this rifle is worth? A bolt

theDregs

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
2   0
Reaction score
I have a buddy who wants to maybe sell an old gun, but has no idea what it is worth. Neither do I! I do not have any pics, sorry. Here is the description he gave me.

It is an original, pre-93 Browning Abolt composite stalker. Caliber .270. Very well taken care of, but there are a few small dings. Less than 200 rounds through it. Leupold mounts and rings. It has a Cabelas caliber specific scope.

I can look up the prices for new a-bolts, but I have no idea if the originals are better or worse, or if they have appreciated or depreciated. Any ballpark figure will help, guys. Thanks.

Hmm. I take it that that one is somewhat nicer than mine being stainless steel?

I appreciate taking the time to throw links at me without text, but please understand that I actually know very little about rifles and what I think you are mistaking for laziness is actually a lack of knowledge. I am trying to educate myself, though.

Even among knowledgeable folks on this forum there is a great discrepancy when valuating a firearm. It is essentially worth the price a buyer agrees to pay and a seller agrees to take. To establish a baseline your best bet is to find what identical or similar arms have sold for and go from there. This forum, gon, gunbroker, and other sites can be resources. The effect condition has on price cannot be overstated, a pristine model with box, docs, factory tools and accessories may be worth several multiples of a banged up equivalent model. The market is in a strange place where sellers far outnumber buyers.
This does not give you the specific price point you are looking for, but I hope it educates you on the thought process you need to pursue.

It's a cabelas branded scope. Goes for 150.
He was thinking of trading it for an NPAP AK. Seems like it would be a slightly unfavorable trade, but not too bad. Thanks

i'd say it sounds about even to me, for the rifle and scope i'd estimate around 500 value and i'd put an npap close to that

The rifle probably $400, the scope about $75. I perfect nonstainless a bolts because of issues rebarreling the stainless guns. Of course not everyone's rifles are fired as much as mine are prone to be.

Back
Top Bottom