• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can someone help me replace the sights on a S&W shield

Anh Le

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
55   0
Reaction score
I have night sights that I want to out on this gun, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get the stock sights off. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

My rear sight took some force with a brass punch, but it will come out once it starts moving. I put the slide in a vise with soft jaws, then made solid, deliberate strikes on the sight.

Be careful. Armorer cracked my slide using a sight pusher. They did replace my slide. It was an early Shield and i heard Smith used too much or wrong adhesive. GLWSlide.

The front sight on my shield was off a bit and needed to be drifted. Couldn't get it to move. Had a gunsmith check it out. They said it would have to be cut out. I think they had a bad batch that wasn't fitting right and instead of filing it down and fitting it, they pushed it in until it wouldn't go any further. I called S&W and they had me send it in. Guess they got it out and it filed it some. Later I used a sight pusher and replaced them with some TFOs without any issues. Bought a brand new SD9 and the front sight just fell out. Was too loose. Tried another sight I had and it was tight. Shop called S&W and they sent them a new sight. I had to file it to fit. Guessing they have had some QC issues with their sights as of late.

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom