• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can we get an option to auto-ignore persons with negative feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alnen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
230   0
Reaction score
I sometimes find myself engaged in a deal with less than stellar members, and a majority of the time, I end up wasting my time with them. As hard as it is to make a negative stick, I'm confident in my choice to not conduct trades on a generalized basis.

Thanks!

So you would choose NOT to sell/trade with someone like me?

Wouldn't it make more sense to ignore those that have tipped the scales into the red than those that have majority favorable feedback?

I've had plenty of interactions with members that have a few negatives. It's the ones where the negatives all say the same thing intend to stay away from.

I sometimes find myself engaged in a deal with less than stellar members, and a majority of the time, I end up wasting my time with them. As hard as it is to make a negative stick, I'm confident in my choice to not conduct trades on a generalized basis.

Thanks!

The feedback system isn't much, isn't perfect and is just a barometer to consider, but negs do stick if you follow the rules to use the feedback system. If it's not confirmed here in PM, it doesn't stick. And just because someone has good feedback doesn't mean they're a stellar member. There are those here with perfect feedback, that know how to work the system. If they won't confirm via PM, I'd say it's time to walk away.

So you would choose NOT to sell/trade with someone like me?

Wouldn't it make more sense to ignore those that have tipped the scales into the red than those that have majority favorable feedback?

I've had plenty of interactions with members that have a few negatives. It's the ones where the negatives all say the same thing intend to stay away from.
Ginger, why you didn’t fight the neg that guy post on you ? Seems that he was trying to get away of the deal, after the deal was done! If the firearm was brand new, never fired, you can’t be responsible for the functionality of the damn thing!
I think that member should be Neg, instead.

Ginger, why you didn’t fight the neg that guy post on you ? Seems that he was trying to get away of the deal, after the deal was done! If the firearm was brand new, never fired, you can’t be responsible for the functionality of the damn thing!
I think that member should be Neg, instead.

It's well past the 30 days allowed to dispute a neg.

And I'll be 100% clear on this DanKATL DanKATL and other mods, I don't hold ill will toward the ODT staff or anyone on the site. It's a use at your own risk deal. I get that. I've had plenty of good conversation with you guys and know that keeping a site running and maintained is a thankless job. We are all human and make human errors, but it's plenty easy to spot the "favored few" on the site.

It was and it stood, but I wasn't going to call you out.
You can call it/me out. It sticks out on my profile so anyone is free to look it over. Regardless, it's one ****ty situation out of hundreds of positive interactions I've had here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom