• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can we get an option to auto-ignore persons with negative feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you would choose NOT to sell/trade with someone like me?

Wouldn't it make more sense to ignore those that have tipped the scales into the red than those that have majority favorable feedback?

I've had plenty of interactions with members that have a few negatives. It's the ones where the negatives all say the same thing intend to stay away from.
Good question, and I have considered that. I thought of something like 99.9% positive or better would still be on, which you would fall under... However, in my experience thus far, I would rather just make a hard and fast rule where any negatives are a no go for me.

Not saying this is you, but it's the people with 1 negative that have been my worst experiences. The first time they receive one, they are caught just being themselves. Chances are they have been an ass before, the other trader just didn't do the "paperwork". Once the person sees that red on their feedback, they quickly learn the workarounds for the future. That way, they can still be ****heads, but they are now Teflon coated ****heads. They learn to communicate via pm, than even an actual deal is proposed, they have you call/text "to work out the details". Again, this is nothing toward you at all. I'm sure you an excellent trader.

I hadn't actually realized the lengths bad traders will go to to avoid negatives. But the last person I dealt with followed the above description to a t. I drove 2 hours round trip, but the actual agreement of time happened on the phone, so he squirmed out of it.

Personally I don't give out negs lightly. If someone can't make a meet and they tell me ahead of time, or even after I'm on the way. I give them the benefit of them doubt and figure that life was just being life. I'll try to work out another time with them if possible. It's the ones that leave you hanging that earn the bad reputation. The ghosting is shady as hell and I'll err on the side of missing out on a deal.

Zero feedback folks are an unknown, but I'll still consider them.

So you would choose NOT to sell/trade with someone like me?

Wouldn't it make more sense to ignore those that have tipped the scales into the red than those that have majority favorable feedback?

I've had plenty of interactions with members that have a few negatives. It's the ones where the negatives all say the same thing intend to stay away from.
I’ll do a deal with you again anytime boo!!!

Nothing to see here…. just in a circle……. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! . Terrible, bout to head to church too. Y’all have a good one and I hope those that are troubled to deal with some Folks, maybe get to know’em a little before hand. I know I’ve had some good/even entertaining conversations with Folks that have negs. That being said, there will always be scumbags (thus the call, if you are able to verbally communicate? Respectfully).
We are a feedback based site. That's the rep we are given to deal with. If someone gets burned bad enough to leave a negative, they have likely earned.

Also, for all saying how great ginger beard man is to deal with, I'm sure he is. This isn't a call out thread, and certainly not of him. Nothing personal about this, I hope no one is truly offended.

We are a feedback based site. That's the rep we are given to deal with. If someone gets burned bad enough to leave a negative, they have likely earned.

Also, for all saying how great ginger beard man is to deal with, I'm sure he is. This isn't a call out thread, and certainly not of him. Nothing personal about this, I hope no one is truly offended.
I’m offended but then again so is most of America right now!!! Thank goodness it’s still a free country

And by no means do you or anything you have stated offend me, but yes I am offended!!!

My first deal was with a guy who has more than 1 or 2 negs and he’s a good guy but a little crazy but still a good guy.

DanKATL DanKATL ...I dont understand something and have no problem with a "nun ya"...
The site feedback is locked per if time, place, $/trade is confirmed via pm. If those items are meet how is anything after the fact injected?

DanKATL DanKATL ...I dont understand something and have no problem with a "nun ya"...
The site feedback is locked per if time, place, $/trade is confirmed via pm. If those items are meet how is anything after the fact injected?

Usually the members work it out themselves. Those cases are few and far between, and only in extreme cases that fall under "Item is misrepresented or damaged and it is discovered after the transaction is complete.". And we (as a group) always go back to things we can verify in PM or from the listing itself. The more info there in PM that's acknowledged the better.

Follow up question for anyone who (whom?) may have had a nerve struck. Have you ever had to dispute a negative against you? I have, but never a legitimate one. When I had to appeal, it was quick and easy, as the other member had left a retaliatory negative. So basically, I left a negative feedback when they no call/no showed, than found that they had left me a negative because their feelings were hurt from my feedback.

Follow up question for anyone who (whom?) may have had a nerve struck. Have you ever had to dispute a negative against you? I have, but never a legitimate one. When I had to appeal, it was quick and easy, as the other member had left a retaliatory negative. So basically, I left a negative feedback when they no call/no showed, than found that they had left me a negative because their feelings were hurt from my feedback.
Yeah, I actually wrote it out in this thread...but would you believe it, it magically disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom