• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

can we have a talk about pain management?

RandomUsername69

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
13   0
Reaction score
Why is it that nowadays it’s imposssible to get properly treated for pain management, especially if you’re a male?

i broke my back and didn’t get anything pain relief for the first 6 days i was in the hospital. and i had surgery on the 5th.

first 3 days were spent PTing on the shattered vertebrae

then the doc saying that’s probably making it worse

thus undergoing 10+ hour long surgery to put in plate on new vertebrae with screws and a metal encasing around the new vertebrae

one extra day of suffering because idk **** me i guess

finally they put in a pump machine where a button pumps medication into your system which was needed way before the surgery and especially after.

it’s a shame that you are looked at as a junkie criminal trying to score drugs if you so much as ask for anything more than a tynenol. the doctors are scared to prescribe. the DEA makes it hard for anyone to write pain medicine prescriptions.

my gf has a coworker that has reoccurring spinal tumors that need operating on. her pain doctor has her on…tramadol(basicallly a tiny step above tylenol)

Something has to change with all this government overreach. this is unacceptable why aren’t we talking about this issue at all? or why the DEA is telling pill manaufacturers to slow down production on both ADHD and Pain medications ?

the AFT isn’t the only ones overstepping their legal boundaries, the DEA is not made up of doctors. they have no business making medical decisions or enforcing anything to do with prescriptions.

I saw the series “Dopesick” so I get why doctors are scared…and the pill popping and doc shopping is a real crisis…but one doctors and pharmaceutical companies created. It’s a shame you’re treated like a junkie when you’re genuinely in need. I’m sorry to hear it. Hope you’re on the road to recovery and pain free soon.

I'm on Tramadol, ever since my back problems and Kidney Cancer. I still take it when I'm in pain but not as much. The crazy thing is was when I had 2 teeth pulled , the VA sent me Codine. I'm like no way I'm taking this stuff, my wife got rid of it. My buddy takes a pain shot once a month in his back and neck for his pain he also severed with me but what killed his back was the mountains of Afghanistan on patrols.

Back
Top Bottom