• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can you identify this?

rlt3241963

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
28   0
Reaction score
Can anyone help me and identify this Ammo? They are marked Winchester 38 Special, they appear to be made out of Aluminum but not sure what the casings are made of. As you can see they have a very deep Hollow Point channel. I've tried researching them and keep coming up empty. I thaught that aluminum was bad for the barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_2703.JPG
    IMG_2703.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2704.JPG
    IMG_2704.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2706.JPG
    IMG_2706.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 38
Wow. I had no idea they would be nickel. I inherited them so to speak from my Father Inlaw who was a career Police Officer. I don't know how old they are but I've had them for about 10-12yrs. Is there anything special about them? How good are they as far as stopping power? Anyone know what they originally cost?

Wow. I had no idea they would be nickel. I inherited them so to speak from my Father Inlaw who was a career Police Officer. I don't know how old they are but I've had them for about 10-12yrs. Is there anything special about them? How good are they as far as stopping power? Anyone know what they originally cost?

Nothing special, just a halfway decent hollowpoint, nowadays superseded by better designs. I still recommend them from time to time when folks want a .38 HP round that ain't HP.

I only have 12 of them. Two speed loaders worth which is how I received them, along with a Leather Police Duty Case. I'd like to get more of them. My revolver is a 357 magnum but shooting 357 magnums hurts my wrists so I use only 38's in it.

Back
Top Bottom