• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Canadian sniper sets new world record on kill!

Technology will never be able to replace natural skills/gifts
Sure it will, and already has. A calculator can do in seconds what would take a mathematician a very, very long time to do. Surgery is done with computers that is better than the human hand. Heck, even cnc cutting machines are more precise than a human hand.

I'm not saying it is there today but it will be.

Whats scary is this is what they have cleared to release to the public. Several years ago i watched a program that used microwaves to cause intense pain that could be focused on clusters of people. I forget the distance but, I think it was a couple hundred yards. This program also showed sound wave weapons that could disrupt organs. Most next gen weapons are probably sent to storage since its easier/cheaper to just drop a bomb or shoot someone with lead. I know Id never want to be in a tank though. There's some nasty anti tank stuff out there.

its also worrisome because i honestly wonder how long it is before you see those on the side of a "protest". easy way to quell alot of people gathered up.

its also worrisome because i honestly wonder how long it is before you see those on the side of a "protest". easy way to quell alot of people gathered up.
Only thing preventing it is probably public out cry. Rather not piss off an entire population. However it was labeled as a "non lethal" deterrent. The host had it tested on himself. My first question was: I wonder if it had settings? Number 1 for pain and number 10 for well done. Id like to see it used in riots though but, everything can be missed used.

Only thing preventing it is probably public out cry. Rather not piss off an entire population. However it was labeled as a "non lethal" deterrent. The host had it tested on himself. My first question was: I wonder if it had settings? Number 1 for pain and number 10 for well done.

100% correct. and who knows, most likely, we're always searching for that latest and greatest way to kill each other

Congratulations to this sniper but let's be real. So much luck had to play into this that awarding him the kill is like awarding someone the lottery on their $100 win. Yeah, it happened but so many other unpredictable factors played into it that the only real skill was being able to walk the bullet in to the target or scratching off 2 dozen tickets.

Also, if he really had a tilted base to make up for 50-75 mils, the gun would only be useful from 2500 to 3500+ yards. Anything less would be outside of the scope adjustment, not to mention it would have to be about 3 inches lifted to clear the sightline of the barrel.

With an 800 foot bullet drop, he didn't shoot the target in the chest, he dropped it on his head!!

Here's a theory:

10 seconds after the sniper made the shot, an allied combatant who was a lot closer simply shot the ISIS guy at the same time the .50 cal was supposed to hit. Like an allied soldier shot him from 20 ft using an AK-47 simply at the right timing.

Congratulations to this sniper but let's be real. So much luck had to play into this that awarding him the kill is like awarding someone the lottery on their $100 win. Yeah, it happened but so many other unpredictable factors played into it that the only real skill was being able to walk the bullet in to the target or scratching off 2 dozen tickets.

Also, if he really had a tilted base to make up for 50-75 mils, the gun would only be useful from 2500 to 3500+ yards. Anything less would be outside of the scope adjustment, not to mention it would have to be about 3 inches lifted to clear the sightline of the barrel.

With an 800 foot bullet drop, he didn't shoot the target in the chest, he dropped it on his head!!

Oh wow.......

Luck? I don't think a 2.2 mile shot was luck. That was precision and excellent work by his spotter. I would say more so his spotter. Unpredictable? So it was just close his eyes and pull the trigger?

Luck? I don't think a 2.2 mile shot was luck. That was precision and excellent work by his spotter. I would say more so his spotter. Unpredictable? So it was just close his eyes and pull the trigger?
I didn't say it was blind luck but considering all of the wildly changing factors in the flight of the bullet, luck played a HUGE role in it!
It was simply a hail mary shot. He may have taken a dozen shots before that one and could have been off by 40 feet or more on each one. Anyone who's shot half that far knows that even the tiniest change in ANYTHING will alter the POI while the bullet is in flight.

Consider this one single factor: The bullet drop was 840 feet and then it's give or take 6 vertical feet to hit anywhere on your target. At that kind of drop, the angle of the impact would be close to 45 degrees making the target size less than 2 feet. That's like throwing lawn jarts the length of a football field and popping an 8" balloon on a stick.

Back
Top Bottom