Canaveral launch

jett1963

Default rank <1000 posts
ODT addict
17   0
Reaction score
954ABB43-A924-4597-9C92-201D784D18F3.jpeg
our first a couple of years ago

I've always wanted to go down for a launch ( I even have the app that notifies me) but for one reason or another I never do. I need to put that on my bucket list.

I grew up down in that area. I've seen all the launches from the Apollo's through the shuttles and everything in between. I can remember as a kid the Apollo launches shaking all the windows in the house. It's an awesome sight to see.

I grew up down in that area. I've seen all the launches from the Apollo's through the shuttles and everything in between. I can remember as a kid the Apollo launches shaking all the windows in the house. It's an awesome sight to see.

The military communications (spy) satellite we saw lift had less than a million lbs thrust......I understand the Saturn v had 9+ million. HOLY COW!!!!

While vacationing at Daytona some 30+ years ago I took our children down to watch a shuttle launch. They were captivated, but I was even more so. When that candle lifts off the pad it looks like it is stuck in mud. Then it seems to get lighter than air and zooms into the atmosphere. What a ride.

Back
Top Bottom