• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Canceling or altering your Thanksgiving plans because of current hospital numbers?

Are you canceling or altering your Thanksgiving plans this year due to COVID?

• Yes

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 59 75.6%
  • Turkey Tacos

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters
I dunno. It’s pretty scary. After nearly a year on our shores, the deadliest virus in history has left us with only 99.92% of Georgia’s population still alive. With numbers like that, why risk living your life and spending it with the ones you love? You’d be crazy to even leave the house!

We are having a small gathering at the house. Mom and Dad and wife’s Mom are all gone, its a smaller group now. The Aunts and Uncles are elderly and err on the side of caution.
Stopping living is eerily similar to dying, I choose to live.

Normally, I'd be visiting family. But not when I gotta fly or stay a couple of nights in hotels plus a long drive-- and worry about picking it up and taking it to the older relatives.

Staying home by ourselves where our closest acquaintance is 600 miles, and smoking a turkey. In the smoker, not a great big rolling paper.

Daughter is a surgeon, in and out of hospital, and on office days she sees 20+ patients. Grandson is in elementary school with dozens of other little petri dishes daily.
With wife and I’s medical histories, we are forbidden from visiting until there is a proven vaccine available.
We usually alternate years celebrating with SIL’s family, but with spouses and chirren there’s usually well over a dozen from different areas, so that’s out.
Guess it’s just us, a 10 lb turkey, and the two cats.

Taking turkey dinner mobile to Florida this year. Visit the MIL might be the last one she has with her great gran children. If I get the kungflu I'll have a 14 day paid holiday or a trip home to meet my God. I'm fine with either one. If not we will have some great memories and time well spent with the people who truly matter in our lives.

Back
Top Bottom