• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cancer Sucks!

crippen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
132   0
Reaction score
Just found out a buddy of mine died last Thursday. I was sitting on the dock, Thursday morning, on vacation talking to him on the phone. He was released from the hospital late Thursday and died on the ride home. He was diagnosed with aggressive stage three lung cancer just a few weeks ago. He was not a candidate for surgery or radiation and chemo wasn't looking hopeful. Ultimately it's good he didn't have to suffer and he is home now.

It took my grandmother in 2012. My wife's grandfather in 2006. It is even worse when it attacks a child. It is a terrible thing to watch someone you love suffer with cancer. By His stripes we are healed either on this earth or when He calls us home. I will pray for your friends family. Your friend has won his race. Sorry about going on but it brings back bad memories anytime someone brings it up.

I can identify with you friend. My wife is battling Cancer now and unless God chooses to do a miracle, she will eventually loose the fight. However, she is in God's hands and she will be the winner when she gets to heaven. She still will be terribly missed here though. I hope your grief is with the hope your friend went to heaven.

Back
Top Bottom