• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cane Corsos

Thor827

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
16   0
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a new dog pretty soon, and my girlfriend keeps looking at Cane Corso puppies. I know a few of you guys own them, so I was wondering if you could chime in and give me some info. I've done some research, but I have zero personal experience with this breed. I'm just weighing options at this point, because my heart still says Rottweiler.

Just to go ahead and get these two things out of the way:
1. I'm already checking several rescue groups and pretty much every local animal rescue on a daily basis. We definitely want to adopt if it's an option before we decide to buy a puppy.
2. No matter what I decide to get, it'll be spending a couple of weeks with Bear44. I've already spoken with him, and I'm 100% on board.

I've raised and buried 2 Rottweilers, I couldn't imagine owning any other type of "family protection" dog. Both of mine could be extremely intimidating to anyone they felt a threat but were those round little romping puppies with us.
ROTTWEILER all the way

I've raised and buried 2 Rottweilers, I couldn't imagine owning any other type of "family protection" dog. both of mine could be extremely intimidating to anyone they felt a threat but were those round little romping puppies with us
ROTTWEILER all the way
I know exactly what you mean. I just lost mine on April 29th. He was 9 years, eight months old, and I loved him like a child. I brought him home when he was an 8 pound butterball, and his ashes are on my nightstand right now with his collar and his favorite toy.

In for info. I've been looking for one myself. I'm afraid if I get a rescue puppy it'll be a Mutt, or if it's older it may have some behavioral problems and already picked up some bad habits. Pure breeds from reputable breeders look to $1500 and that's just out of my price range. I'd like to spend about half that.

I know exactly what you mean. I just lost mine on April 29th. He was 9 years, eight months old, and I loved him like a child. I brought him home when he was an 8 pound butterball, and his ashes are on my nightstand right now with his collar and his favorite toy.

I am sorry for your loss. I have heard don't get the same breed that you just lost, because you will expect that dog to live up to the previous. Although, I have never had to go through that yet myself as I didn't grow up with dogs. I have two now are my buddies and I hate to think that it will come one day. Got one of them at 5 weeks old 7 years ago and rescued another 4 years ago. I would say Cane Corso for that reason and that they look like pretty awesome dogs.

Use to know someone years ago who had family in Texas who bred them. They were gonna give me one on the low low but a lot of time has passed. That family had Rhodesian ridgebacks and those were quite intimidating dogs and I have always had pits lol

Back
Top Bottom