• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cane Toad - Poor Man's Exotic Pet

I've had 2 bearded dragons. Bought as a juvenile couple. Both turned out to be males and one ate the tail off the other and became wicked aggressive.
Red Eared slider tank w/ fish, firebelly toads and salamander. It was an awesome set up. A lot of trial and error putting it together w/ land and water mixed.
2 Geckos in a rain forest terrarium set up w/ live plants and water fall.
Numerous tree frogs set up in a tree canopy terrarium.
Numerous fish. Salt and fresh water.

Now just have farm animals, cats and dogs. Expect for a few gold fish in an outdoor pond.
Introduce some eastern toads around outdoor ponds. Kickass clean up crews. I want a saltwater tank so bad it's not even funny. I think I'll set it up like an AR. Buy my enclosure...month later buy my live rock....then buy substrate....lol. Month by month.

White's are awesome. I want to do a similar setup like you had, but I want Brazilian Milk Frogs. To me, they just look amazing.

View attachment 1441016
Those are Killer. I saw a dealer who had some marbled frogs. They looked just like granite countertops. Very cool. I want dart frogs but apparantly they're the devil to keep. Tricky to regulate the tank.

Here you go, Si
I've had 2 bearded dragons. Bought as a juvenile couple. Both turned out to be males and one ate the tail off the other and became wicked aggressive.
Red Eared slider tank w/ fish, firebelly toads and salamander. It was an awesome set up. A lot of trial and error putting it together w/ land and water mixed.
2 Geckos in a rain forest terrarium set up w/ live plants and water fall.
Numerous tree frogs set up in a tree canopy terrarium.
Numerous fish. Salt and fresh water.

Now just have farm animals, cats and dogs. Expect for a few gold fish in an outdoor pond.
Check this out
https://undergroundreptiles.com/shop/red-and-black-walking-frog/

Introduce some eastern toads around outdoor ponds. Kickass clean up crews. I want a saltwater tank so bad it's not even funny. I think I'll set it up like an AR. Buy my enclosure...month later buy my live rock....then buy substrate....lol. Month by month.

They introduce themselves. We also have a bullfrog pond. I put in a pond for the honeybees and did not think its positioning well. Get's too much overflow from the barn roof. So it floods constantly. Bullfrogs have made it their personal garden pond.

I have had at least 3 salt water set ups. I did it slowly. Bought the tank and salt one week. Got it up and running. Bought live rock 10-20 pounds per week until I had what I wanted. Then slowly added everything else. Other than the fish, which should all be put in at once to avoid territory conflicts, there is no reason not to take your time and let everything cycle before getting it completely set up. Only problem that I know of right now is we don't have any good local fish stores in our area.

Well I ran a setup with a fish tank bubbler in a large water dish and a timed fan. I had a plain jane petco chameleon. The thing as terrible. Wouldn't eat, wouldn't be handled. He was a jerk.
petco gecko.jpg

Back
Top Bottom