• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Canik 9sa

RiverBend

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Proud Southern, Christian
361   0
Reaction score
I traded for one brand new in the box, it came with a serpa like holster and 2-18 round mags and changeable back straps, mag loader, the sights re drift adjustable and it was FDE from the Dealer.
Took it to the range for a try and at 15 yards the first mag put all 18 into an 8" paper plate.
Had 2 FTF's with 1st mag, after 3 mags no FTF or any other issues, break in as usual.
Mags are made for Canik by Meg Gar and extras are available for $24, also 290 rounder's are available for $30ish.
The Gun is going to give the Glock 17 a run for its money, basically $300 vs $550 so for the cost the Canik in my opinion is a great gun and well worth the cost. The FDE is almost certain Ceracoat since the slide rails and inside top od the4 slide where the barrel tips up show some wear after 15 mags. At 25 yards getting 18 of 18 into the A zone of an IPSC target was a piece od pie.
Don't get me wrong I shoot Glock 34,35 and 41's in competition so I am hooked on Glock crack but this may be the methadone to break me free of my Austrian chains.
The Canik was made in Turkey and they were making guns way before there was a USA.
Good buy, Good gun, with all the bells and whistles and trigger take u after the first shot is a mere 3/16".
•Semi-auto
•SAO trigger system w/ trigger safety
•Ambidextrous top-slide-mounted decocker
•Full-size polymer frame
•Comes w/industry standard dovetail sight cuts that are compatible w/large variety of aftermarket sights
•Match grade barrel
•Loaded chamber indicator
•Striker status indicator
•Reversible magazine catch
•MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail
•AFC magazine coating
•Ergonomic grip
•Serrated trigger guard
•Cerakote finish
•OAL: 7.5”
•Capacity: 18
•Barrel length: 4.40"
•Includes (2) mags., poly holster, paddle attachment, belt attachment, interchangeable backstraps, cleaning rod, brush and limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty
canik 9.jpg

That's true, I've always been a 1911 guy until I was talked into buying a Glock, now I'm hooked, but if you've had no issues after the initial, then you should be good to go.

I've had more than a few people to me that these are the best "value" out there when it comes to pistols........have not shot one yet, but was thinking about adding a G17 to my collection, but hate to drop another $500 for something that I will not carry (I carry a G26 or my Shield........and my G19, but not that often)......I may have to consider one of these.......Thanks for the review.

I just picked up a TP9SF from GeorgiaGunStore, I've been watching and reading reviews on the SA and SF model for a month or so. The triggers on both models are the best thing I have ever felt even compared to a VP9, Glock or even a PPQ. The only fault I do not like with the trigger is the pre-travel. But the travel is very light and stops on the wall for a clean crisp break and the reset is better than a Glock and about as audible.

BTW the magazine catch is reversible, but even with my past experience and skill set for most polymer guns this one almost kicked my rear. The spring is very hard to get back in, a 45 degree or maybe some snap ring pliers with teeth could have made it easier.

The spring design reminded me of a FNH 5.7 style reversible catch and the tool that comes with those might have aided in re-installing the spring.

I cannot wait to get mine to the range this afternoon or tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom