• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Canik TP9 Elite SC / Sig Romeo Zero .(3 MOA) - Is it a Drop in?

Brettly1961

Default rank <500 posts
Fortified by Time
20   0
Reaction score
I’ve seen several deeply discounted Romeo Zeros 1300 optics lately for sale. Does this drop in to an Rms-c footprint or do I use the included mount plate on a Canik TP9 Elite SC? I cannot find clear instructions from Canik or Sig.

The Romeo Zero matches the Shield RMS/RMSc mounting pattern. If you plan on installing (or already have) SHS then use the plate that came with the pistol but the screws that came with the Romeo Zero. That'll make them cowitness. If you plan on leaving the factory sights, mount without the plate and they'll cowitness.

Without plate
12806385_01_canik_tp9_elite_sc_640.jpg

With plate. Sights lower 1/3

b4qetaprp5n71.jpg

If you plan on leaving the factory sights, mount without the plate and they'll cowitness.
Definitely want to keep the rear b/o sight and have it cowitness through the RZ with the front sight. I thought the idea was to not use any mounts, but is metal on metal a good idea? Nothing in between won’t hurt the finish? Wait the RZ is polymer maybe not.

And, yes I already received the RZ but haven’t opened it. It was $50 off list.

on the Canik, I’m pretty clear on how to remove the ”optics lid” from the elite sc. But the mount that came with the Canik is baffling. There’s
image.jpg
image.jpg
nothing on it’s compatibility on the mount or in the manual.

Thanks for that. I’d like to know what you see. Tonight or tomorrow I’m going to remove the slide and take the optics lid off.

I didn’t want to open the RZ packaging until I was sure it would co witness. It was $140 , a good $160 less than the Shield RMSc or a Swampfox or Vortex on a $350 pistol.

I recognize the Sig RZ has to be removed to change the battery other than than design shortcoming we’ll see how it performs for this old astigmatic shooter.

Back
Top Bottom