• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Canik (?)

Clarke123

Default rank <4500 posts
Love Them UGA Dogs!
196   0
Reaction score
WAS: Cumming, GA NOW: Punta Gorda, Florida
Be wary of the current safety recall where you just pay shipping... I'm not interested in buying a broken pistol.

They are basically a Walther P99. Walther let their patents expire when they stopped producing them, and Canik picked up the design and ran with it.

I was able to get one of the first runs that made it into the US from J&G Sales for $189 if I remember right. It showed up in a plastic ziploc and a padded envelope, with a single mag and a photocopied manual.

I was ready for the worst, but man that gun can shoot. It's one of the DA/SA guns with the top-mounted decocker, and it's never hiccuped at all with about 1000 rounds through it.

They've blown up (in a good way) since then, but it's still the same basic design and they are still a heck of a lot of gun for the money.

Yes, if you read the "recall" it really isn't a recall ... and it does not sound good at all .. I would wait until the dust clears before acquiring one ...
My issue is one of principal, if the new gun you are selling needs a fix, I shouldn't have to pay for shipping it or anything else. Hell you ought to ship both ways overnight for free and give me a magazine for my trouble.

I'm curious on how necessary that recall is anyway. From what I can see it's just a pair of slightly beefier springs.

That being said, I'd guess new production should already have them installed, but a call to Century might be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom