• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cannabis

Marijuana is illegal on the federal level.
I'm not sure about simple possession, but certainly growing it, and selling it.
So, how can states legalize marijuana cultivation (especially for recreational smoking, not medical, not by RX prescription) and selling this substance to the public?

Well, it's because the feds are looking the other way. They're not pushing the issue.

Why not? Because Democrats are in charge, and most dopers are young hippie types that vote solidly Democrat, and the Dems want to keep the potheads on their side.
It's political. Also, the liberals have been biyotching for years how "drug laws" are racist and have a greater impact against people of color. Now, it seems to me that most of the dopers flocking to Colorado and Oregon to get their high on are white, but the PERCEPTION may be that drug laws are the tools of racists.
So, by not enforcing them on anybody, the Obama administration is showing how racially enlightened they are.

Make no mistake-- if the feds wanted to raid all the "legal" marijuana growers and sellers in those recreational pot states, they could.
Federal courts would approve of sending the people running those operations into the federal prison system for several years per offense.
But the political fallout would be big for whatever party is in charge of the White House at the time those "letter agencies" make the offensive.

The way I understand it; it can not be 100% legal until AFTER the federal prohibition on Cannabis is lifted.
As it stands right now, the feds could shut down everything in every state if they choose to do so.

He put Jeff Sessions as AG which is bad for the pro-pot folks. He is no friend to the reefer.

And that is a shame....Drunks kill, Opiates Kill, Marajihoochy make most hungry and Happy.. Free up the jails, Stop spending tax payers dollars on something that has a ton of Medical benefits. For Kids with seizers, Brain tumors, Cancer, Increases the appetite for Radiation and Chemo Patients. Not to mention that the number one cash crop in the turn of the century was hemp...Has also made a remarkable impact on PTSD with our Veterans..Colorado has seen a dramatic drop in Opiates Prescriptions since Marijahoochy has been legalized..Ok I have parked my bicycle for now carry on!!

And that is a shame....Drunks kill, Opiates Kill, Marajihoochy make most hungry and Happy.. Free up the jails, Stop spending tax payers dollars on something that has a ton of Medical benefits. For Kids with seizers, Brain tumors, Cancer, Increases the appetite for Radiation and Chemo Patients. Not to mention that the number one cash crop in the turn of the century was hemp...Has also made a remarkable impact on PTSD with our Veterans..Colorado has seen a dramatic drop in Opiates Prescriptions since Marijahoochy has been legalized..Ok I have parked my bicycle for now carry on!!
Damn straight!

It isn't a shame. The executive branch has a duty to execute the laws. If the law is bull**** (which I believe it is) then it is the job of the legislative branch to fix the law. The shame is that our congress refuses to address the issue.

Hell if they legalized it I would never drink a beer again. It's been many years since I smoked because I want no trouble with the law and I like keeping my guns. Soon as Uncle Sam says go for it I'll say 10-4. Till then it's the straight and narrow.

Back
Top Bottom