• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Canned crab meat?

Still got eggnog in the fridge from this past Christmas, unopened. I have tried it 6 months and 1 year from expiration. Going for 18mo after this go. Haven't had any problems with it so far!

+1 for making dip. Might be the only way it's any good!!
About 20 years ago, when my oldest daughter was a baby, we were attending a large family Christmas dinner, at my parent's home. We had put the store-bought baby formula, which was poured into a clear quart-sized Tupperware bottle, in the fridge, to keep cool. Later, as I walked into the kitchen, I saw my uncle, holding the formula in his hand, and making a grimace, with a "GOT MILK?" mustache. He looked at me, and said, "OOGUM! I think this eggnog's gone bad!"

:shocked:

About 20 years ago, when my oldest daughter was a baby, we were attending a large family Christmas dinner, at my parent's home. We had put the store-bought baby formula, which was poured into a clear quart-sized Tupperware bottle, in the fridge, to keep cool. Later, as I walked into the kitchen, I saw my uncle, holding the formula in his hand, and making a grimace, with a "GOT MILK?" mustache. He looked at me, and said, "OOGUM! I think this eggnog's gone bad!"

been even funnier if it was breast milk

You'll be fine. :thumb:
Just think of all the men (and women) that have dined on old, expired tuna and snapper at 98.7 deg and are still alive to talk about it. :hungry:

You know you could have bought it at the store last week. I have a talent for picking out the expired goods.

Can of lime mixer that passed expired three years is my best so far.
When I was starting out in the food brokerage business I reset Bi-Lo stores about 3 days per week. Sometimes when we'd reset canned tomatoes, the seals on the cans (old three piece cans) would be eaten through by the acids in the tomatoes. It would weld the solder to the shelves and we'd have to use 2x4's to knock the cans loose, LOL! No rotation at all. We'd find labels with 'offers' to consumers with expiration dates of 1979 (this was in 1987-88).

Reactions: MRM
I purchased some Hamm's beer tonight (in honor of letusbuyyourcar) and when I got home I started looking through the cabinets for other yucky stuff to try. I found some crab meat (canned) that I must have purchased from Costco in 2005. It has a 'best buy' date of 2007 and I understand as long as the cans show no sign of spoilage or bad odors once opened, it's supposed to be okay but may not have the best flavor or color/texture.

Anybody have any experience with really old crab meat? Should I just save it for a dip when I have people over that I don't like?
ITEST THE WATER.IF WE DON'T HEAR FROM YOU IN A FEW DAY'S IT'S BEEN GOOD KNOWING YOU'

Back
Top Bottom