• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cannon Gun Safe

From what I understand Fort Knox, Champion & Liberty are brothers.....

Lock has not changed in 75 years.

More metal for sure, is it as strong as the newer metal, that IDK.... same with fire “board” everyone says it’s lighter but improved.
I know they have same lock my buddies liberty and my fort knox have identical locks

What type of safe would you recommend? Biggest bang for your buck type of deal, without compromising quality

Depends on price range, size range, etc.....

For example retail on the liberty fat boy jr is (48 gun safe) about $1500 but the fat boy is (64 gun) is in the $2300 range....you can get a rhino (64 gun) which is extremely close specs to the liberty fat boy and retail is only about $1800....

Guns safes have a lot to do with where you live, if you have an alarm, etc etc. You live in the country, no alarm and volunteer fire department you need something a little different, especially with fire, I have seen houses completely burned to ground and the safe did nothing to protect the contents, and then I seen safes opened with a $20 cut off saw in minutes. I have also met a person who had two safes pulled out of his house and loaded on a truck and the neighbors did nothing, he didn't know his neighbors and they didn't see what the deal was in the middle of the day. What is the bottom line? Safes are just one part of the overall security and safety of your home.

Guns safes have a lot to do with where you live, if you have an alarm, etc etc. You live in the country, no alarm and volunteer fire department you need something a little different, especially with fire, I have seen houses completely burned to ground and the safe did nothing to protect the contents, and then I seen safes opened with a $20 cut off saw in minutes. I have also met a person who had two safes pulled out of his house and loaded on a truck and the neighbors did nothing, he didn't know his neighbors and they didn't see what the deal was in the middle of the day. What is the bottom line? Safes are just one part of the overall security and safety of your home.
Can't you basically cut or pry open most safes on the market nowadays with no special tooling? I was watching a youtube video that showed two guys got into a safe in less than 2 minutes with a extended crow bar

Can't you basically cut or pry open most safes on the market nowadays with no special tooling? I was watching a youtube video that showed two guys got into a safe in less than 2 minutes with a extended crow bar
Yep, that is why if you want complete security one needs to install an alarm system that is monitored that includes fire, cameras etc. Most of the brick and mortal safes look great, hold a lot, will keep kids out and crack heads, but if they come for your safes and nothing else, they will get in them. Of course if you go to a different level of safe you will pay a lot more, but most of the residential safes don't have 1/2 inch steel sides and fire protection more than just commercial drywall. Take a guess where the Cannon safe fits in the security guide. https://www.amsecusa.com/burglary-ratings-explained/

Back
Top Bottom