• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can't buy local any longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
20F9730E-839F-42A1-8148-4409654AF47B.gif

I bought a new truck years ago in Oklahoma (they didnt charge ad valorem) and then titled it in GA a few days later. Of course three years later when I go to renew my tag in GA they lost their mind and wouldn't renew until I paid them for the right to own the truck in this state. Modern day taxes are the damn devil!

I traded in my car a few weeks ago on a new car. I could have sold the car for probably 2K more than the dealer gave me on trade. But by trading the old car in, I only had to pay tax on the difference between the value of the old car and the value of the new car. I lost 2K by not selling independently, but with a purchase price of 75,000 I would have paid $4,500 in tax.

I thought I made the right call.

but then, I'm not a smart consumer, so how would I know.

unless we should argue over whether anyone should ever pay 75K for a new car when you can buy one for 5 grand that will take you from place to place just fine. "Snickers"

Ha, actually by admitting to bypassing the tax online because the store is not complying with the law you have committed the crime of tax evasion by default because the compliance falls to the purchasing party in the State of Georgia.

Just saying.......

But buying on Amazon and not paying tax is OK? if the law works in my favor, I use it. Think I'd need a reference for how its a crime.

this went way wrong.

sorry for the post at all. I think its time to lock the thread and forget the entire discussion.

Although I'd almost like to ask how many people own ridiculously overpriced Nighthawks and Wilson Combat 1911's.

I saw a few for sale on the ODT. Perhaps we should tell them what a stupid purchase they made when they bought it in the first place.

Could be a little bragging - I'm excited to have the new guns I've been eyeing for a while. Is there something wrong with posting about a new gun? I think people do it all the time. Most times -people say "congrats" on the new gun. they say - "enjoy it" or "have fun".

your issue seems to be that they happen to be expensive guns.

If I just wanted to show off the guns, I'd wait to get them and post the pictures and say "thanks" to the normal people who say "nice gun". or post the "drooling" meme. but I was actually just posting about the impact of shopping around and not paying sales tax.

I did the same thing a month ago for a Stoeger over under shotgun. It cost $415 at the only Atlanta store that had it and I got it for $380 online and paid no tax. Is the less offensive to you because the dollar amount is lower?

plenty of people on here have high end precision gun packages and SCARS and others. go dump on them because they have an expensive product.

I envy those guys and droll when they post those high end products, but I like 1911's.

he jelly. nice pistolas, in for the range report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom