• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can't seat Winchester primers in Fiocchi brass.

Lumberman

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
38   0
Reaction score
I ordered some 45acp from the brass exchange. I have ran across several Fiocchi brass and several Blazer brass that want seat the winchester primer from my Dillion 550. Is this not reloadable brass? Can someone tell me what is going on?

Fiocchi brass is generally "small pistol Primer"...I have a whole coffee can full of that brass. When you buy or trade brass in 45 acp...you need to check all of it for small pistol primers before you start your reloading process or it will become a pain in the ass. Speer 45 acp loads are also small pistol primers. Just go through your brass and cull out the Fiocchi and any others in small pistol primers.

I've seen the Fiocchi 45 brass with small pistol primers, however, I have also heard of the primer pockets on regular Fiocchi 45 Auto being very tight.

I've run into the small pistol primers in 45 acp brass same as inkdaddy states. They can look awefully close after looking at a few hundred cases. If your primer pocket cleaner doesn't fit I wouldn't push it. You can always measure them. If I remember tonight I can post the size of a small pistol primer.

I just can up the Fiocchi and the speer brass....I have a couple hundred of them and I have yet to come across a Fiocchi in a large primer for 45 acp.

It can be either way. Is it not fully seating or not even going in?

Not fully seating would be tight.

Not going in would be small pistol primer pocket.

Here is a Speer & A Fiocchi small primer 45 acp on the top and a Winchester large primer 45 acp on the bottom.

i55.tinypic.com_14cqr1g.jpg

Back
Top Bottom