• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Car carry question

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/georgia/

Pursuant to Georgia Code 16-11-126(a), any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a weapon or long gun on his or her property or inside his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business without a valid weapons carry license.

Magnets? Not too smart.

Sure are a bunch of assholeS on the trader tonight.
Im sorry you've taken offense.

Those products are a poor way to "secure” a firearm in a vehicle.

Go take a vehicle defense class and get some learning if you’re concerned about defending yourself from inside a vehicle.

If you ain’t ridin ready to go you ain’t doin it right.

DCAA6656-56EA-4E1C-8DD8-6EEC6ED29E47.jpeg

You can carry however you want inside of your vehicle, with or without a permit. Your vehicle is considered as an extension of your home here in Georgia. Safe travels sir
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but your car is not considered an extension of your home anymore. I thought one of the State bills changed that recently.
Or was it the other way around?
If only I could find a book where all if this is explained.
But magnets? Not sure that works for me.

I just purchased a dash magnet set for one of my pistols and was curious if it should be holstered instead of in the open and stuck to the magnet. Would law enforcement give me a hard time a bout it if observed?
Everyone should give you a hard time about it because it is a terrible idea. Your pistol should be in your holster unless you are using my it...not on a dash magnet that will let it fly all over the car should you slam on the brakes or experience a MVC.

Return it or trash it, it's a great way to have a negligent discharge and/or lose your pistol when need it (think MVC turned road rage, etc).

Right...says the guy gettin' jacked while fumbling with his holster, shirt, jacket, center console, glove compartment, girlfriend's purse and wtf else :p
Nope, the draw from concealment while seated is something you should practice. A dash magnet won't help you in a gunfight.

Back
Top Bottom