• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Car carry question

Just because you can doesn't mean its a good idea. Around here if it is in a holster it is loaded. If it is in a bad it isn't. I am a firm believer in covering the trigger so I don't end up on the news. But haven been in a violent head on, I dont know about accidental discharges.

My worries would be when placing and retrieving said firearm from the magnet. For me I will carry on my hip and if needed will place on the armrest.

When the Rodney king riots were downtown and me with forsyth county tags leaving the area, having a ruger 357 in my hand whitch was seen, was the difference between me making it home or not. Not magnet.

Sorry but yes a car is considered as an extension of your home here in Georgia. I’ve been in Law Enforcement for 33 years and still doing it. Also, some dbag broke into my truck and took several weapons and gear. My automotive coverage paid to fix the truck and my home owners insurance paid for the items stolen from inside the truck. Silly as it is, I got 2 separate checks for the one incident.

Sorry but yes a car is considered as an extension of your home here in Georgia.

No it's not. Repeating it will not make it so. I'm sorry you have been misinformed for 33 years.

No statue or decided case in the State of Georgia makes any reference to your vehicle being an "extension of your home." None, not one. Not a word. In fact there is a great body of jurisprudence devoted to distinguishing your home and vehicle for the purposes of search and seizure.

FWIW, no other state has said that either.

The fact that you have apparently had a career for 33 years operating under a misapprehension of law says something.

The fact that your homeowners insurance paid for the contents of your vehicle is a matter of contract, not Georgia law. The policy could have as easily been written to exclude such coverage (and probably did if there were no signs of forced entry,). Your contents were covered because your insurance policy explicitly said they were, not because of some legal principal that your truck was an extension of your home.

A jacked up truck may be an extension of your manhood, but it's not an extension of your home.

And carry your gun how you want, but the safepacker's that attach to your seatbelt are pretty decent in a cool guy fanny pack sort of way.

Sorry but yes a car is considered as an extension of your home here in Georgia. I’ve been in Law Enforcement for 33 years and still doing it. Also, some dbag broke into my truck and took several weapons and gear. My automotive coverage paid to fix the truck and my home owners insurance paid for the items stolen from inside the truck. Silly as it is, I got 2 separate checks for the one incident.
Wait, so I can be naked and masturbate in my car? When did this happen?!?!

Being a police officer doesn't make you a lawyer or mean that you understand the law. Plenty of officers out there that don't. And thanks for arming criminals, you should lock that stuff up inside the car if you plan to leave it there...

Wait, so I can be naked and masturbate in my car? When did this happen?!?!
For one, there is the Georgia code section pertaining to carry in a vehicle, no permit required. Two, if you conduct a sex act in view of the General public it’s against the law in either your home or vehicle. Three, do any of you drive straight home from work each and every day without having to stop somewhere? Thanks for being so compassionate about me being victimized. I didn’t have a clue that there are some actual a holes on this site, but I know now. I can’t understand why you 3 find it acceptable to act in this manner? And sorry, but no I’m not an attorney but yes, I do know the laws in Georgia or I wouldn’t have been able to keep this job for the past 3 decades.

Attachments

• C39D9413-56F8-4069-BDBD-8130D26DD0BA.jpeg
    C39D9413-56F8-4069-BDBD-8130D26DD0BA.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 110AC5D3-E78E-4B3F-A54A-2C6C997C194E.jpeg
    110AC5D3-E78E-4B3F-A54A-2C6C997C194E.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 9177339F-5DC3-46E6-BF27-380EB78E76F3.png
    9177339F-5DC3-46E6-BF27-380EB78E76F3.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 23
No it's not. Repeating it will not make it so. I'm sorry you have been misinformed for 33 years.

No statue or decided case in the State of Georgia makes any reference to your vehicle being an "extension of your home." None, not one. Not a word. In fact there is a great body of jurisprudence devoted to distinguishing your home and vehicle for the purposes of search and seizure.

FWIW, no other state has said that either.

The fact that you have apparently had a career for 33 years operating under a misapprehension of law says something.

The fact that your homeowners insurance paid for the contents of your vehicle is a matter of contract, not Georgia law. The policy could have as easily been written to exclude such coverage (and probably did if there were no signs of forced entry,). Your contents were covered because your insurance policy explicitly said they were, not because of some legal principal that your truck was an extension of your home.

GA's definition of "Habitation", when it comes to the use of deadly force, links a home and motor vehicle.

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2018/title-16/chapter-3/article-2/section-16-3-23/

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2018/title-16/chapter-3/article-2/section-16-3-24.1/

In addition, there is no carry permit required if you're in your home, motor vehicle, or business in GA. This is where the "extension of your home" comes from. Interpretation.

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2018/title-16/chapter-11/article-4/part-3/section-16-11-126/

As far as spanking the monkey in your car.......to each their own lol

In addition, there is no carry permit required if you're in your home, motor vehicle, or business in GA. This is where the "extension of your home" comes from. Interpretation.

"Interpretation" means that you still can't find any Georgia Statute, court case, or article that uses that phrase or concept.

Try this, the next time you get stopped in your vehicle, by a cop with 33 years experience, keep the windows rolled up, and tell the officer you would rather not engage him in conversation, because your vehicle is an extension of your home, and well established court precedent has established that you do not have to engage the police in your home. Being as you are on the same page, he will wish you good day and send you on your way,

Oh yeah. The law is clear that you can be drunk as a Lord in your own home or even out in the yard and you are not violating the law. Try explaining to the good officer that being as your vehicle is an extension of your home, the same principal applies.

Back
Top Bottom