• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Car flipping

View attachment 4166789View attachment 4166791

So when I sold all this on eBay I was basically the devil for making a little profit? People call it gouging yet I actually had people thanking me because they were afraid to go out and buy themselves due to Covid.

Edit to add that one Home Depot bag was N95 mask I was late to the game on that one
According to the Price Militant Poors on ODT you are the problem in all society, buying something that people want or need and then charging as much as the market will bear. You should be so ashamed. They'll be happy to forgive you though if you sail them some T.P. for what you paid, less a few dollars for 'their gas" to come pick it up of course.

Well, it’s interesting people feel righteous indignation over buying guns and ammo for a quick turn of profit on here but other items get a pass. Personally, I think flipping like this provides some service, getting a product where it ought to go a little faster than it would otherwise. Car flipping is a little different because the dude buying these jalopies at auction or wherever and then listing them here as though he knows their history is a little misleading. A “dealer” tag on on a person’s handle might be warning enough. Caveat emptor and all.
The litmus test of what is and is not allowed for sale at market price depends on what the complaining poor has for sale him or herself. Tell a price whiner you'll be happy to pay them the spot price of silver for their rounds that THEY paid a few years ago and you'll give them a fit. If you have something they want, they want to pay you the price "they remembered" it being before the market climbed or conditions changed.

Well with all that being said, my wife's Bronco was delivered so we will be looking to sell her old car (2012 Lincoln MKZ AWD) if anyone on ODT is interested. Since we bought it for $21k in 2015, I can't imagine it would be considered a flip at $7k, especially considering the new A/C compressor, battery, tires, rotors and pads for the new owner. I'll be posting it this weekend once we get it cleared out and I give it a little detail.

Well with all that being said, my wife's Bronco was delivered so we will be looking to sell her old car (2012 Lincoln MKZ AWD) if anyone on ODT is interested. Since we bought it for $21k in 2015, I can't imagine it would be considered a flip at $7k, especially considering the new A/C compressor, battery, tires, rotors and pads for the new owner. I'll be posting it this weekend once we get it cleared out and I give it a little detail.
That should be a steal.

That should be a steal.
It's a beautiful car and the leather and interior show virtually no wear. Heated AND cooled seats are awesome to have, especially with leather. It's loaded and was ordered with the technology package at the time. I believe we still have the window sticker for it as well.

I even have an EZDrain for the oil so oil changes require no tools except to remove the plastic skid plate.

Truthfully, it's been the one constant vehicles in our garage and I'll miss it. It's been a very solid vehicle for us and a lot of road trip memories.

IMG_0695.jpg

Here's a photo from one of our many trips. This was in Steinhatchee, FL

That went fast. My wife’s 2022 escape came last week too so I may have to follow in your footsteps and sell her 2014 Escape Titanium the same way.

That went fast. My wife’s 2022 escape came last week too so I may have to follow in your footsteps and sell her 2014 Escape Titanium the same way.
Yeah, it was a fair deal in my opinion, especially since the normal stuff you end up having to do like tires, brakes and battery was already done.

Definitely a good time to sell. Bad time to buy. Luckily we had a price lock on the Bronco.
The salesman at the dealership was trying to buy the Bronco off of us for $25k more than what we bought it for. As nice as that sounded, sometimes things are worth more than their monetary value.

Back
Top Bottom