• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Car fob.

Have a new CRV , have come out of a store four times now and the windows were down a few inches and the sunroof open a little. To do this with the fob you have to hit the unlock button once, then hold it again.Honda says you can't disable the feature, that apparently I'm doing it while it's in my pocket.Dicovered the windows down just before yesterdays storm.Am I supposed to carry a purse now to protect the fob?

My 2009 Acura (fancy Honda) did that A LOT, I had to leave my keys on my desk at work, and hung them on a hook when I got home.
I loved "the feature" (lol GeauxLSU GeauxLSU ) on a hot summer day, approaching the car,
but I went out to find all the windows all the way down and the trunk open SEVERAL times...
The second time I did that in the rain I started hanging the keys up,
LOVED the car, but not the Fob, but what was I going to do? Where loose fitting pants? No Way! :)
Pretty sure there is a way to disable that on newer models...

My
Surprised there aren't aftermarket fobs with a little cover over the keys... Or deeply recessed keys. I hate the panic buttons personally. That seems to be what I always set off via pocket. So I cut the traces on the board to disable it. There's a product idea here. Harder to press, recessed key replacement fobs.

I HATE ALL THIS ELECTRONIC CRAP HAVE PUT ON CARS CARRYING KEYS IN MY POCKET SOMETHING HITS THE CAR ALARM BUTTON AND ALARM GOES OFF. ITS SEEMS ALWAYS TRYING TO REINVENT THE WHEEL

Get an ID lanyard and hang em around your neck, along with other key fob trinkets, and a coin purse. You'll look like a baller.

28f2a5306980ad1cfd05ffb6475cfea6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom