• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Car Insurance on female teen. Holy ****

As a non breeder, I am certainly not questioning anyone's parenting skills, but what happened to teenagers working to pay for their car/insurance? I was told if I wanted to drive, I would work to pay for it. Granted, liability on a '65 Chevy farm truck wasn't but about $40 a month in '98, but that was a full weeks pay check.

As a non breeder, I am certainly not questioning anyone's parenting skills, but what happened to teenagers working to pay for their car/insurance? I was told if I wanted to drive, I would work to pay for it. Granted, liability on a '65 Chevy farm truck wasn't but about $40 a month in '98, but that was a full weeks pay check.
Yeah, that's how I came up too. She's heavily involved in sports and church. She did just get her first job, but with her athletic schedule... probably won't make much.

My son has had probably 3 wrecks that I know of. For some reason he seems to have a thing for mailboxes on the passenger side of the car. But while driving an 06 Acura REX ( whatever that model was that replaced the Integra) he veered off I75 southbound and tore it all to hell. The up side was that Geico paid over $6K for a car that had close too 200K miles on it and was long since paid for. The down side was he could9afford to get back behind the wheel for over a year.

Make sure you are getting liability only with a higher deductible. Ask for all the discounts: grades, Ga driving school and most insurance companies offer an additional discount if the kid completes their program (usually an online test only).
We switched all our insurance to Alfa Insurance. They charge him $130 a month since he started driving his Miata.

Agree, I had to pay my insurance/fuel/cell phone to my parents like clockwork.

Then my younger brother get's the free ride..... hahahaha

I bought my 17-year-old daughter a new 2018 Altima. Insurance went from 1500 every 6 months to 4000. I changed a bunch of crap to get it to 3000 every 6 months. 2 months later some ****ing **** ran a stop sign causing my daughter to hit her @ 23 mph and total the beautiful blue Altima. The other person was cited and my daughter was also cited. My daughter followed her GPS down a one-way street that turned into a two way after the intersection. The other person was faulted for the accident. The stupid ***** is demanding a jury trial on the running a stop sign ticket. The woman that ran the stop sign was insanely belligerent the night of the accident. My insurance paid for most of the Altima. I did not buy gap insurance. :crazy: A month later I bought my daughter a 2017 Altima with 36000 miles. A base model. The insurance went down $46 for 6 months. Although I am sure the ticket will cause it to go up. I told my girl if you get in a wreck in this one you will be driving a 1994 F250. .. .. .
At least I only have to pay for cosmetology college instead of a 4-year university.

I pay 20k a year for car+home+health insurance. :ballchain: I could have an awesome house on the lake.
You could still have an awesome house on the lake if you made the princess get s job and buy her own car and pay her own insurance. I like to spoil my girls too but how’s s kid to ever understand what it means to appreciate something if everything is handed to them.

Back
Top Bottom