• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Car Insurance on female teen. Holy ****

Having just liability and a higher deductible doesn’t save hardly anything

And I don’t see any way a teenager could work and pay for their own car , gas, Maint, and insurance

I’m not sure a full time job at minimum wage would even be enough for that

We made our kid learn a foreign language for a $4500 car

Having just liability and a higher deductible doesn’t save hardly anything

Well the first thing you could do is drop the collision, which takes care of the deductible. He or she probably doesn't need a car new enough that it makes economic sense to carry collision. Comprehensive is a coin toss - replacing glass has come down, and IMO go uninsured.

Explain to the young person what "self insured" means, because that's what they are. They wreck it and are at fault, they are walking until they can do better. Learning and appreciating stuff like that tends to focus one's attention.

They should learn basic maintenance. Change the oil, keep the other fluid ups, change the belt, even rotate the tires- not much more maintenance than that to a modern car.

They should learn to stay in front of the 8 ball. Once you get behind it, it is tough to work your way out.

And finally, there's a question of values. If a teenager can't maintain and insure an automobile, does he really need one? If he is living at home, what other necessities is he paying for? Let him set his own priorities. Nationally, the percentage of teenagers who drive has been going down every year for the last several years.

If you decide to drop collision and comp make dang sure you still have a lot of coverage for uninsured and under insured

I have never been hit by someone that actually had insurance

But I’ve been hit several times by drivers with no insurance

Well this makes me feel better about my sons. The first 6 months it was 148 per month. Then it DROPPED to 132 per month. This is liability only (but has all of the uninsured and medical insurance with it), the truck cost $1200.

You buy insurance for other drivers? That is what our courts are for. And, yes, I have used the courts in the past to recover damages from uninsured drivers.

Yes I do

I buy insurance to protect me from major financial loss
On my policy there’s not much difference between liability and full coverage

And I’m in the weird spot of having old resto mod cars that are actually worth something
Beat up 77 Chevy with a late model fuel injected engine , five speed overdrive , vintage air etc
But can’t use classic car insurance because it’s a daily driver with a teenager driving it

I know a couple people that have been seriously injured by uninsured drivers

None of the illegal immigrants have insurance
And the court system won’t be able to find em

Well this makes me feel better about my sons. The first 6 months it was 148 per month. Then it DROPPED to 132 per month. This is liability only (but has all of the uninsured and medical insurance with it), the truck cost $1200.

Yeah that’s not bad

I buy insurance to protect me from major financial loss
On my policy there’s not much difference between liability and full coverage

I know a couple people that have been seriously injured by uninsured drivers

None of the illegal immigrants have insurance
And the court system won’t be able to find em

Major financial loss? What kind of car do you drive? Have you no medical insurance when not driving your car?

Insurance is a scam, you are never made whole, the insurance companies are vultures and ALWAYS profit from any contact with you.

Yeah that’s not bad

LOL, He thinks it is. I make him pay for it. I'll pick up a month for him here and there, he's a good kid who tries hard. He's in sports and minimum wage takes a while to cover a months worth plus the gas to drive around like he does.

Back
Top Bottom