• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Car wreck

41mag

Wolf Icon Supporter
Shake, rattle & roll !
121   0
Reaction score
Well…. If everything else wasn’t screwed up enough with my issues with seizures and all the other crap lately, the wife just got in an automobile accident in the best vehicle we have. Her Jeep that belonged to my mother .
Fortunately she is fine and not hurt…that is the main thing. She just called and says this person pulled/turned right in front of her while she was going down the road ! Definitely the other persons fault. She says it has messed it up pretty bad, not drivable. She says that it was like the moron just didn’t even try to yield as they should have. Says it has a flat tire, the whole front end is toast, including fenders, etc. :mad:
She has been out this morning getting all the shopping done….she is a hard worker and has very little time during the week. Since my issues started with this seizure crap and I can’t drive she has been doing all the driving. She has to take me to doctor and everywhere else I need to go.
So we have other vehicles but this was the nicest one we had. Belonged to my mother before she passed away. Was in great shape with low miles. Cherokee platinum edition (or something like that) . But she was out grocery and household shopping and doing all the errands since she works full time during the week, she has to do this stuff on Saturday…..well this person just pulls out into her lane of travel (I think), from what she told me. She called just now in tears…. More pissed off than anything ! I can’t blame her.
So i Am like I need to do something…but NO !! I am told I can’t drive and that she will deal with it !! GRRRRR !! I feel so helpless . She is a smart woman and I have no doubt it will be ok, it is just another hassle to add to an already list of crap that she has to go through !

Okay - thanks for letting me vent !! (I hate being down like this and not being able to do crap !!)

Glad she was not hurt. Demand a good settlement as used cars are still very expensive even with ridiculously high mileage. My wife was in an auto crash in 2013 and was not so lucky. She recovered 95%, but due to broken thumb was not able to play tennis ever again without hand pain.

Thanks brother…. I am just wondering what the flock I or we did to deserve such karma !! Lol
I know it’s just that “crap happens”. I am just glad she isn’t hurt really….cars can be fixed/replaced. But what a friggin’ hassle !

Glad she was not hurt. Demand a good settlement as used cars are still very expensive even with ridiculously high mileage. My wife was in an auto crash in 2013 and was not so lucky. She recovered 95%, but due to broken thumb was not able to play tennis ever again without hand pain.
Yep, we definitely will. I am insured through State Farm and they will help go to bat for us. Have been with them for 40+ yrs

That is bad news. Glad she's OK. You're in for a long battle, but don't let them take advantage of you. Took my Dad a year to get compensated for his, but he got what he wanted. Which would just replace the used car at the time of the accident. The problem was that cars had gone up so much more

Back
Top Bottom