• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cardiac Ablation

A close friend of mine had the procedure done about 15 months ago and is doing fine. He has a hi stress job (LEO)

I had a cardiac ablation done two weeks ago at Kennestone. I checked in at 6AM and was sent home at 3:30. I think my actual procedure took about two hours. The rest of the time was prep and recovery.

Other than a massive bruise in my groin area, recovery is ver quick. Just two small holes in a vein, which healed up pretty quick.

My ablation was done because I had atrial flutter. I was on meds controlling that so I really don't feel any different than I did before the procedure. My electrophysiologist is reducing the meds slowly, so I guess I won't really know how successful it was unless/until the atrial flutter starts again.

My mom had it done twice, she said she felt like she was dying both times. They finally put a pace-maker in a few months ago and she feels much better

I had an ablation in 1986 when I was in High school. Back in the 80s, it was open heart surgery. Much simpler and safer now. I also had a cardioversion two years ago for a different/new arrhythmia issue. That, with new meds, has held steady for two years, thankfully.

I had 2 then they just went with pacemaker my a fib would get hung and heart rate would stay around 200 until they shot the i.v. Of something.i would be sitting in hospital bed with 10 docs and nurses acting crazy and would feel fine.

I had one done 4 years ago to control afib when drugs no longer worked. Knock on wood I have been free from afib ever since! Doctor told me you never know how long results will last - could be 1 month or could be until you die. Procedure is not bad atallbut you do have to take it easy for a few weeks. Your doctor will explain risks and benefits- good luck!

Back
Top Bottom