• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Careful at wineries in Dahlonega.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
So I’ve been noticing a lot of state police DUI checkpoints near the wineries in Dahlonega, especially in the weekends and extra especially when wedding receptions let out.
They are nailing people to the cross after coming out of weddings…..be careful.
Don’t drive if you even sipped a damned drink.
Take an Uber, have a designated driver or call Mamas taxi service in Dahlonega.
All she does is cart drunk (but smart) college kids home safely.
I personally got stopped three times in one month going past them in my travels.
Side note: the cops are pretty polite and let you go almost immediately after they just view your license and get a quick look or sniff of you with some possible small talk of you so choose to partake in.

Revenue generating unlawful stops.

Unless you are swerving all over hell or they watched you drink and drive, there is no articulable suspicion of a crime which would make it an unlawful detainment. I have all the respect in the world for police but I have more respect for our constitutional rights.

So I’ve been noticing a lot of state police DUI checkpoints near the wineries in Dahlonega, especially in the weekends and extra especially when wedding receptions let out.
They are nailing people to the cross after coming out of weddings…..be careful.
Don’t drive if you even sipped a damned drink.
Take an Uber, have a designated driver or call Mamas taxi service in Dahlonega.
All she does is cart drunk (but smart) college kids home safely.
I personally got stopped three times in one month going past them in my travels.
Side note: the cops are pretty polite and let you go almost immediately after they just view your license and get a quick look or sniff of you with some possible small talk of you so choose to partake in.
The Cops there are really good people.

The wineries up there offer tastings where a lot of different wines are tasted.
You are supposed to spit them out but …….. :rolleyes: . Lol.
I have no doubt they are aware of that too.
Comanche Comanche has the best advice so far ….. just don’t do it !! :thumb:

Great PSA brother - :clap2: :first:

Who knows why they are crackin down. Mighta been a few bad wrecks or so. Im sure it could be found on record.
Revenue enhancement- leaf watchers are another reason they are out….there are a lot of idjits out, a bunch of extra traffic, etc….

Revenue generating unlawful stops.

Unless you are swerving all over hell or they watched you drink and drive, there is no articulable suspicion of a crime which would make it an unlawful detainment. I have all the respect in the world for police but I have more respect for our constitutional rights.
Yeah, just hope to God you never have a 6 year old look in your eyes and beg you to help them as they die in your arms after their mother‘s car was struck by a drunk driver. ****er.

Almost all of the cops up there are great but they do have a very bad and long ongoing reputation for camping alcohol related businesses to the point any local from the surrounding area just doesn't go anywhere near cause its a literal trap. Helen doesnt seem to have this problem and I guarantee there's 10x more need.

Back
Top Bottom