• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cargo ship 'listing heavily' in Georgia port, 4 crew members missing ... (merged threads)

They might want to change that eta just a little.
My question is what the hell do you do with a half sunk cargo ship? And when/if they get it back upright where they gonna park it for repairs? There's only 3 berths at that port as of March when I left. And they're shared between IAP, WWL, AVP and Mercedes. They stay busy. Well as of now there's no work except consolidating of vehicles already there due to the hurricane and this big obstruction.
But seriously, what do you do with a damaged ship the size of a shopping mall?

My question is what the hell do you do with a half sunk cargo ship? And when/if they get it back upright where they gonna park it for repairs? There's only 3 berths at that port as of March when I left. And they're shared between IAP, WWL, AVP and Mercedes. They stay busy. Well as of now there's no work except consolidating of vehicles already there due to the hurricane and this big obstruction.
New artificial reef for the fish.

The Coast Guard will be involved.

After living in Savannah for 30 years, a 1200" container ship could block the Savannah River shipping channel for a hell of a long time. River Street is the example image below.
th

Happened right down the road from me so I had to go check it out. They're using a tug to keep it pushed up on the sandbar until they can come up with a salvage plan. From what I understand there are over 4000 vehicles onboard. 4 crewmembers are missing.

Attachments

• H69A0066.JPG
    H69A0066.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 47
  • H69A0087.JPG
    H69A0087.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 47
  • H69A0088.JPG
    H69A0088.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 46
  • H69A0090.JPG
    H69A0090.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 48
  • H69A0091.JPG
    H69A0091.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 46
  • H69A0093.JPG
    H69A0093.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 46
  • H69A0101.JPG
    H69A0101.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 45
  • H69A0102.JPG
    H69A0102.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 47
According to a maritime traffic map, the Golden Ray, a vehicle carrier, was leaving Brunswick and heading to Baltimore.

QIQ2CA4KWVFADIN2NMCVJT5PEI.JPG

My guess is that they will slowly pull it back off the sandbar and get it upright. They'll probably have an ocean going drydock standing by. It will be a huge operation but they'll be busting butt to get it done. Lots of $$ being lost every day the port's shut down. First thing is finding the missing crewman. They don't know the extent of the fire so they don't know if they're locked down in a hold somewhere or died in the fire.

Back
Top Bottom