• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carmax is such a waste of time and money.

They can't warranty an engine that they don't buy themselves which is why they won't let you bring one to them. Everything in the car business is in short supply right now. I've been working in this industry for almost a decade and I've never seen it like this before. Best advice is to find another car that you like and go with that instead. It will be much quicker than waiting for a replacement engine.

How fast were you revving that engine when it let go? A Honda engine with 60k on it shouldn't come apart like that unless it was low on oil or someone was really running it hard when it was cold. Was it a manual transmission?

I can't get a ring and pinion for a F150, it's backordered, then when the parts come in, I have to wait in line while the shop plays catch up. Looking at 2 months to get back on the road.

Oh, really? Do tell. I'm looking at a couple of trucks on Carvana right now.

I've heard that they're good to go (even off of previous ODT post), but if that's not currently the case, I'd love to hear about it.
One in particular that had brake noise when picked up. Brought it in 2 days after delivery and brakes were 40%-50% pad left but rotors had extensive salt/rust damage. Dangerous IMO. Warranty covered it, beat the crap outta me on prices, but thet made it right. I complained that it was never inspected. A manager in the inspection/maintenance dept called and basically said I was wrong or was stretching the condition of the parts just to make a buck. The warranty dept requested and got pics. This guy didnt want them, said he had no way to know for sure they were off the car in question. He basically covered his azz and his tech's azz. It wasnt inspected very well IMO and was a safety issue. Several other customers had issues and had to fight them to get it made right. Not sure on them yet. Just cover your own azz if you deal with them.

What's the warning here? Sounds pretty reasonable given the circumstances. Did the warranty explicitly state a loaner would be given until the car was fixed? They can't fix the supply chain shortages any quicker than you and I.
I agree with the brother here. Supply chain for ANYTHING is in shortage.. And that’s why used car value jump way high.

Whatever you have against Carmax, I think they’re one of the only used car dealer I would trust. They even transport vehicles from other states, just to satisfy some “picky“ buyers….:car::brick::closed_2:

I need the car back first! and that not going to happen apparently? oh well I'm not so pissed anymore after the convos. thanks odt family! when things are mine thay are mine and I don't like people tell me I can't have my stuff back.
Wait...you paid for the car and they are refusing to return it to you? How's that even remotely possible?

I just don't understand why... I can find 30+ engines with in 50 miles that are an acceptable replacement.
Well I think their warranty is through Silver rock. If you think its tough being a customer definitely don't try being a preferred shop in an area away from one of their dealerships. They dont check the cars out they just fix what you find. Most dealerships will do inspection and catch most of the issues prior to delivery. You are the inspector. If you catch it they fix it. They also insist on supplying most of their on parts. What they ship in are some of the highest mileage weathered leaking engines Ive ever seen. I assume they are cheap. They dont want you to replace any seals or use any new parts unless you absolutely have too. The worst part is you have to stay on hold waiting to speak to someone to file a claim and may have to call multiple times.

We have a lady they finally installed a newly remanufactured engine after her third claim. We had the car more than she did during the first year. It cost us an incredible amount of money to repair a car we didnt sell with a warranty we didnt sell but the lady deserved to be treated better than their warranty was treating her .

That said their shop is probably backed up and they are making excuses to buy time. Supply while its sometimes legit its a commonly acceptable excuse

Wait...you paid for the car and they are refusing to return it to you? How's that even remotely possible?

I let them tow it and that's my mistake. Still I have no idea how this crap happened. I had planned on grabbing a contract lawyer but I'm on the road 6 days a week at the least and just don't have the time to deal with it really. I went and singed the return papers for a 100% money return and besides waiting a month for it. it's done. I fell defeated but whatever. I'll find another one.

What kind of car is it? Pictures please?

I mean, if it's worth all this hassle and you still want another one? Must be some car. Let's see it.

2010 acura tsx black on black I had it for 2 days only pics of engine bay of oil leaking g from hole in block. I kinda have one from the front tho.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210917-183228_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210917-183228_Gallery.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom