• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry at Ga Tech Ferst Center?

Trouble

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
Banned Permanently
4   0
Reaction score
Goin to a play toinght. And them kids over there are always getting robbed at gunpoint. Cant temember if its off limits or not.

Probably is off limits but doesn't mean you can't take it

In for answers from folks who have been

If its a short walk to the car try and see if they wand; if not who cares? If they do put it in your car and secure it woth a cable lock to prevent smash and grab (another popular past time for the urban youths)

I dont know why my thread was moved . General discussion is anything i want to talk about and definitly Has more views than this forum

So i called ga tech police and asked. Even though im going to a play they said no because they hold sporting events in there. Sounds like bs if u ask me. I thought the law read at sporting events.

So i called ga tech police and asked. Even though im going to a play they said no because they hold sporting events in there. Sounds like bs if u ask me. I thought the law read at sporting events.

i think you are probably correct.

Being as the official position of the Ga. Board of Regents is to oppose campus carry, you can bet the every employee of that agency will take the most negative reading of the law possible.

Sad, because the that police dept. is doing such a poor job of protecting the students.

It's up to you to decide how far you want to go to prove a point.

Here's a link to the full text of House Bill 280, the campus carry law, passed in 2017.

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/20172018/170679.pdf

Show me where it says the parts of the campus that remain off-limits to carry license holders will only be off limits during certain activities or events, and are otherwise available for armed citizens to carry concealed there.

I'm not finding it, especially as to the paragraph that mentions buildings used for sporting events, dormitories, and fraternal or sorority houses. It seems to me that those buildings or facilities are off-limits all of the time, so long that they are still places where part of the time (some days each week, or each month) they are used for the specified purposes.

Sounds like bs if u ask me. I thought the law read at sporting events.

The actual law says that the school weapons law's new provisions allowing for limited Campus Carry "shall not apply to buildings or property used for athletic sporting events or student housing..."

So, there's no "at sporting events" language here.

You may be thinking of the wording of our now-repealed "public gatherings" gun ban which specifically listed sporting or athletic events as places you could not carry to, or while at.

Back
Top Bottom