• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry concealed at the airport

With the Georgia Weapons carry License (GWL) the airport is no longer off-limits.
Just the secure area past the TSA checkpoint.
there is also a "right of retreat" (paraphase, not a quote) if a weapons permit holder accidentally brings a firearm to the security check station and it is discovered there. after the police and TSA security agents question you they should release you with no criminal charges and let you go like you're going up outside and come back unarmed; however the federal government has indicated that it may pursue civil fines and other penalties against people that do this, not withstanding Georgia's state law that is forgiving of this kind of mistake.

GWL holders have these rights thanks to a new law that was enacted just a few years ago. It's specifically about carrying guns at commercial service airports. The new Code section 16-11-one thirty-something.
(I think I don't have the cite handy.)

If you are not a GWL holder, any sort of firearm is a problem anywhere on airport property. See code section 16-12-127.

I`m curious. Why does a person go to the airport and GO INSIDE if they are not going to fly anywhere? I take and also pick up people sometimes, but I never go inside the doors. I let them deal with their bags. I no longer fly. I ain`t going anywhere I can`t drive to for the rest of my life, unless it`s an emergency or I win an African safari. I ain`t dealing with TSA. AIN`T GOING ANYWHERE UNARMED. Ain`t gonna be stuck in an aluminum tube between a liberal and a drunk. Or beside of a brat kid. Been there. Done all that. Only way I`ll fly is Space-A in a military transport.

I`m curious. Why does a person go to the airport and GO INSIDE if they are not going to fly anywhere? I take and also pick up people sometimes, but I never go inside the doors. I let them deal with their bags...

I go inside to pick up my wife and daughters when they are flying back home. They could get their own bags, but as a husband and father of two daughters, I feel it is my obligation to do the heavy lifting for them when I can.

I drove my oldest son to the airport this past summer when he flew back overseas....he said 'just drop me off'...
There's no way I could ever just 'drop off' one of my sons before they got on an international flight.
Not possible.
I don't care who saw the tears in my eyes when I hugged him.

I`m curious. Why does a person go to the airport and GO INSIDE if they are not going to fly anywhere? I take and also pick up people sometimes, but I never go inside the doors. I let them deal with their bags. I no longer fly. I ain`t going anywhere I can`t drive to for the rest of my life, unless it`s an emergency or I win an African safari. I ain`t dealing with TSA. AIN`T GOING ANYWHERE UNARMED. Ain`t gonna be stuck in an aluminum tube between a liberal and a drunk. Or beside of a brat kid. Been there. Done all that. Only way I`ll fly is Space-A in a military transport.
Pretty dang selfish IMO....

You must not have a wife.
^^^^^This^^^^^

I go inside to pick up my wife and daughters when they are flying back home. They could get their own bags, but as a husband and father of two daughters, I feel it is my obligation to do the heavy lifting for them when I can.
And this^^^^^^

I drove my oldest son to the airport this past summer when he flew back overseas....he said 'just drop me off'...
There's no way I could ever just 'drop off' one of my sons before they got on an international flight.
Not possible.
Yes sir, been there and done that a couple of times. I cried when my youngest son went off to Iraq and S. Korea, I don't give a damn what anybody thinks about it.

Not possible.
When I hugged my son before catching his flight he said "Dad, I can't hardly breathe. Can you ease up just a little bit?" I said "Nope, not yet." lol

Back
Top Bottom