• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry concealed fixed blade for self defense?

I always carry a MT but I added the Colonel blades Low Viz pro to my EDC kit recently. It's pretty awesome carried appendix and conceals very easily.

COLONEL_LOWVZ_A02.jpg

Dont want to derain the tread, The FBI minimum penetration for a bullet is 12'' So my question is. How much fight stopping power would one get out of a 5'' bladed knife, and some of these knife blades posted look much shorter than that. this is truly a question and not a knock at the forks carring a knife also, Cause i carry one in case I run out of ammo or have a firearm failure that cant be resolved.

Here's an example of how one would use the Colonel Blades knife effectively against someone or to stab up a trash can to death I suppose :). It requires zero knife special skills (it was designed that way).

Dont want to derain the tread, The FBI minimum penetration for a bullet is 12'' So my question is. How much fight stopping power would one get out of a 5'' bladed knife, and some of these knife blades posted look much shorter than that. this is truly a question and not a knock at the forks carring a knife also, Cause i carry one in case I run out of ammo or have a firearm failure that cant be resolved.
I hear ya, but what is your backup plan? I have just accepted employment in Toronto Canada for the next 6 months. A couple years ago I ended up in St Croix with similar 'no guns' situation.

I ended up choosing a push knife
upload_2019-2-12_18-35-30.jpeg
simply because I can use it as a punch, a slash, and I don't have to drop it it I need to grab an opponent. I can use all of my martial arts training for control holds and take downs without having to either or my bladed weapon.

If you watch the video starting at about 4 minutes, a healthy slash lays the pig open, cutting through ribs.

I feel like at arms length, one can do much more damage to stop a threat with a knife than a gun. It's not about sticking deep, its about slashing the correct spots to immobilize an attacker. Cutting the correct spots in the correct manor can cause them to not be able to move arms, legs, or even their head. There are also places that can cause bleeding to unconscious very quickly.

C931595C-69B6-45EE-AEE8-BC5604247DBC.jpeg

Been carrying this on my hip. Made from 01 tool steel brass guard and g10 liners. Handle is Arizona desert ironwood. Made this one myself. Forgot to stamp it before I heat treated the steel. Sheath is kydex with a knock off tek lok. Personally I love fixed blades and folders but for self defense would prefer a fixed blade or a karambit style knife. Also prefer not to knife fight so I carry a pistol.

Back
Top Bottom