• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Carry Gun" match in Fayetteville

Braxton1

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
10   0
Reaction score
The South Atlanta Practical Shooting Club will be hosting a special "Carry Gun" night this Tuesday, 23 August 2022, at Autrey's Armory in Fayetteville. Show up promptly at 6:30; shoot at 7.

Your daily Carry Guns and rigs should be used; the "Honor System" will prevail on what you define that as. (But expect funny looks if you show up with a Phoenix Trinity Honcho in .38 Super and you claim it's "EDC"....) Procedural rules are USPSA-based and Courses of Fire are 10-round friendly. Special dispensation allowed for Minor caliber 5-shot revolvers. Expect some version of "The Dicken Drill".

Please register via PractiScore at:

Being safe and wanting to have fun with guns....

Seriously: Pistol (9mm or above, but we're letting .380s into this one), two or three magazines, holster, mag pouches, 50-ish rounds of ammo. Eye and ear protection. If you're missing something, we likely have someone who'll have a spare for you to borrow if you ask in advance.

We had 25 folks show up to play. It ended up being pretty fun and educational. Folks learned that it is much harder to shoot short sight radiused guns at high speed. Glock models 43X, 45 and 48, SIG 365s, and Hellcats were popular entrants.

I was happy with my performance, except on the Field Course. I re-discovered that my huge hands wrap around the bottom of the grip and prevent magazines from dropping out freely. Having a new magazine already in your left hand while having to strip out the old magazine really slows one down....

Back
Top Bottom