• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry license expired

I tend to follow the law. If something happens, God forbid, I would not want to have an illegal gun carry stop me from legally carrying in the future. Vehicle carry is legal, but will leave you vulnerable and it vulnerable to theft. Weigh the risk.

If I remember correctly (which I may not), I was issued a temporary permit when I renewed mine. It may have been that I wasn't expired yet but would be before the permanent card was issued. Can't remember for sure. This was in Cherokee.

Cherokee does give you that option. They used to charge a dollar for a temp card. Not sure they even charge the dollar anymore.

Good reason to have a 2nd permit that's a non-res CCW from another state that reciprocates with GA
This

Utah CCP is recognized by more states than any other CCP. Next time I'm there (hopefully soon) I will get one. I think Florida is also recognized by almost as many states.

I'd carry anyway and if questioned by PD just show them your expired permit, your receipt for the re-issued permit and tell them you're waiting on your re-issue to arrive.

That will get you a ride with the man, and possible revocation of your license........you forgot, so now you have to suffer it out........don't be a fool and risk losing it.....

Rather than asking here where there are so many keyboard commandos I suggest you ask on Georgia Carry where they actually have experts who actually deal with questions like this on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom