• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry license expired

By the way, counties are "supposed" to process and get your GWL within 45 working days. Ga Carry has successfully prosecuted cases where counties dragged out the process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This

Utah CCP is recognized by more states than any other CCP. Next time I'm there (hopefully soon) I will get one. I think Florida is also recognized by almost as many states.

Correct
I've got my UT non-res...took the course and received the app one Saturday at TruPrep Marietta
Also have my res NY carry permit since 1978...own property and pay taxes in NY

Last time I renewed...I paid my tax, took my pic and prints. Waited about 20-30 min. And voila the handed me my new card. Jackson county. ymmv

That's awesome man! How much for the course and UT non-res ccp?

I don't remember exactly...maybe $100 total for class and UT app fee.
I asked TruPrep recently if they plan on doing any more classes...he said the instructor has moved out of the area. It was a small class...maybe 12 people...took 4 hrs to complete...all classroom, no range req'd.

I don't think so. However, carrying your expired permit and your receipt for your new one should at least show that you are trying.

Trying??.......Officer, I was trying to drive the speed limit!!!!!.....Look not to be an asz or anything but.....We have obtained a GWCL because we made good decisions in our lives and because even though we may disagree with things, we live by "the rule of law"....The LAW says you must have in your possession a VALID GWCL....that's it. If you practice what you preach....then you do not carry outside of your home or your vehicle until your new license comes. Otherwise in reality, we a no better than the people who carry without anything!!

image.jpg
.... Five (5) pages of replies, and not a single person
... looks up the actual LAW?

A couple pages back somebody said to go to GeorgiaCarry.org and read the law.

That's good, but it's handy to have it in the form of a GWL book, 170 pages of printed and neatly bound pages, in a desk drawer next to your computer.

Let's see what my working copy says:

16-11-129 is so flippin' long that we broke it into two parts.

First, we deal with all 129's provisions as to who is qualified or disqualified for a carry license.
Then, in part two, we get to the rest of 16-11-129.

ON PAGE 87 OF MY BOOK, it quotes the law at issue: 16-11-129(i) Temporary renewal licenses.
"Any person who holds a weapons carry license under this Code section may, at the time he applies for a renewal if

less than 90 days remain before expiration of the license...

... or if the previous license has expired within the last 30 days."

So there you go. The "grace period" for RENEWING a license is also the grace period in which you have a legal right to a TEMPORARY LICENSE.
(But there's no grace period for carrying on an expired license, without a temporary one).

Back
Top Bottom