• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry License Renewal in DeKalb County....

it is California so watch out for the magazine capacity

No kidding, from everything I've read up to this point magazines under 10 rounds are fine which has been the law for several years now. The one thing I'm still looking into is whether my S&W Shield is CA Compliant. When I looked at the states DOJ website under the firearms section it was just sad how long the PDF document went when listing their officially "banned" group of pistols. The damn thing was 60+ pages while the PDF document showing recently approved firearms was only 4 pistols total!!!! :confused: The transport law is pretty clear cut when I read it. The last few times I crossed into the state they have passed me through after quickly asking me what I was carrying in my van. Knock on wood the same should happen when I drive back into CA here in a few weeks. If I get detained for some asanign reason then I'll start a go fund me page for bail! :becky:

:flypig::usa2:
No kidding, from everything I've read up to this point magazines under 10 rounds are fine which has been the law for several years now. The one thing I'm still looking into is whether my S&W Shield is CA Compliant. When I looked at the states DOJ website under the firearms section it was just sad how long the PDF document went when listing their officially "banned" group of pistols. The damn thing was 60+ pages while the PDF document showing recently approved firearms was only 4 pistols total!!!! :confused: The transport law is pretty clear cut when I read it. The last few times I crossed into the state they have passed me through after quickly asking me what I was carrying in my van. Knock on wood the same should happen when I drive back into CA here in a few weeks. If I get detained for some asanign reason then I'll start a go fund me page for bail! :becky:
They make it pretty difficult to interpret the law. One thing is clear though.
anything more than 10 rounds and you could become a resident of California... I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Mind you it's a beautiful state but they've got some really messed up laws!

:flypig::usa2:
They make it pretty difficult to interpret the law. One thing is clear though.
anything more than 10 rounds and you could become a resident of California... I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Mind you it's a beautiful state but they've got some really messed up laws!

I think CA (along with the other lefty states) make the laws as ambiguous as possible as to try and prevent people from even trying to carry or transport into their states. They believe by putting in so many regulations and laws that this helps citizens be protected against "gun violence". If the dems stay in power much longer there's no telling what other insane mandates they may come up with.

I think CA (along with the other lefty states) make the laws as ambiguous as possible as to try and prevent people from even trying to carry or transport into their states. They believe by putting in so many regulations and laws that this helps citizens be protected against "gun violence". If the dems stay in power much longer there's no telling what other insane mandates they may come up with.
Just don't step in any poop while you're walking on the sidewalks

You're fine. The pistol doesn't have to be on the CA roster. The roster prevents the sale and transfer of unlisted handguns into the state. Possession of an off-roster handgun is okay.

You're fine. The pistol doesn't have to be on the CA roster. The roster prevents the sale and transfer of unlisted handguns into the state. Possession of an off-roster handgun is okay.

Well, that makes me feel better. I haven't finished reading all their firearms section quite yet on the states DOJ site. I'm hoping they will have a section somewhere on the site that states that in one way or another in the remote chance I get stopped at the AZ/CA border and they ask if I have any firearms. Knowledge is power... Right!! :cool:

God, I hope National Reciprocity comes up soon on the Senate floor for a vote as to eliminate all of this hassle the powers at be put us in.

Back
Top Bottom