• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry Optics for Beginner?

Thanks for the feedback. Checked out a couple optics tonight. I liked the delta point pro, haven’t looked at the Romeo 1 yet.
I'd try the new Holosun optic if you don't plan to carry it also. If you do, I'd say RMR type 2 or wait for the new Aimpoint optic.

I'd try the new Holosun optic if you don't plan to carry it also. If you do, I'd say RMR type 2 or wait for the new Aimpoint optic.

I’ll have to check those out. Thanks. I know the Romeo 1 will fit on my x5 with no modifications or plates. I liked the delta point when I looked at it.

We had some issues with the forums not handling the Trader file so we will be postponing the release of the Trader document until the Professionals have had an opportunity to give their feedback first.

I just started playing with CO a few months back. Picked up a Glock G34G5 MOS with front serrations.

As someone with both an astigmatism and worsening eyesight shooting irons was becoming frustrating. I have been and continue to shoot PCC as well.

Seriously, THE FIRST MATCH I shot with my CO gun with optic I was pissed I hadn't made the change sooner. My pistol shooting has improved... but still struggling with being able to call my shots in certain conditions. :(

That's mostly due to poor eyesight and not being able to see the hole in the target and confidence in my sight picture, so I end taking unnecessary extra shots. But that's on my and not the CO gun.

I shoot Holosun on both my PCC and my CO gun. 510c on the PCC and 507c on the G34.

I LOVE the 507c on the pistol. I run just the circle, not the circle + dot, or just dot. Its like shooting a ghost ring almost. It took a little getting used to at first but now I find I am much faster with it that I was iron sights.

I just started playing with CO a few months back. Picked up a Glock G34G5 MOS with front serrations.

As someone with both an astigmatism and worsening eyesight shooting irons was becoming frustrating. I have been and continue to shoot PCC as well.

Seriously, THE FIRST MATCH I shot with my CO gun with optic I was pissed I hadn't made the change sooner. My pistol shooting has improved... but still struggling with being able to call my shots in certain conditions. :(

That's mostly due to poor eyesight and not being able to see the hole in the target and confidence in my sight picture, so I end taking unnecessary extra shots. But that's on my and not the CO gun.

I shoot Holosun on both my PCC and my CO gun. 510c on the PCC and 507c on the G34.

I LOVE the 507c on the pistol. I run just the circle, not the circle + dot, or just dot. Its like shooting a ghost ring almost. It took a little getting used to at first but now I find I am much faster with it that I was iron sights.
"Calling your shot" doesn't (shouldn't) mean actually seeing the hole in the target.

It means that you have confidence in the mechanics of the shot and you know it went where you intended.

If you're waiting around to "see" your hits, you're gonna have a bad time. :becky:

I tried out an optic for a bit. It was fun, but I think I did better with irons. I know it takes some getting used to. Shooting plates was a ton of fun and easier. Idk. I think i like the challenge of irons better so switching back.

I’ll have to check those out. Thanks. I know the Romeo 1 will fit on my x5 with no modifications or plates. I liked the delta point when I looked at it.
I have the Romeo 1 on my X5 and its been great! Carry optics is so much fun to me! I'm not sure I can go back to irons now.

I have the Romeo 1 on my X5 and its been great! Carry optics is so much fun to me! I'm not sure I can go back to irons now.

Yeah, that's the point I'm at as well. Irons will be plinkin' toys now. Seriously considering converting my other pistols over to optics ready guns... I do have 2 slides for my VP 9 now (longslide and standard) and the M&P Pro is collecting rust now that I have the G34. Might as well convert them over...

Back
Top Bottom