• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry permit question

I got mine in Clarke County in about 10 days.

I'm nor aware of any "issues" with slow delivery in ACC.

Only one who can give you a definitive answer is the probate judge.

Although I have to note you are well within the 45 day "must issue" period.

There's no overall maximum time stated in the law, but different steps in the process have their own deadlines, and the total adds up to 45 days. By then they must issue your license or disapprove it for a legal reason. "We are too busy doing other things to bother following the deadlines in the law" isn't a legal justification, but SOME judges might go along with that, and hold the Probate Judge blameless.

Anyhow, you need to call, visit in person, and / or send a letter and inquire why you don't have your license yet.

If you have to sue them to get the license, the law provides that the County will pay your legal fees if you win and they lose. See Code 16-11-129 (j). Some counties, however, don't seem to mind being sued and spending taxpayer money on legal fees (or, for other kinds of cases, paying money damages). It's like money grows on trees, in their minds.

There's no overall maximum time stated in the law, but different steps in the process have their own deadlines, and the total adds up to 45 days. By then they must issue your license or disapprove it for a legal reason. "We are too busy doing other things to bother following the deadlines in the law" isn't a legal justification, but SOME judges might go along with that, and hold the Probate Judge blameless.

Anyhow, you need to call, visit in person, and / or send a letter and inquire why you don't have your license yet.

If you have to sue them to get the license, the law provides that the County will pay your legal fees if you win and they lose. See Code 16-11-129 (j). Some counties, however, don't seem to mind being sued and spending taxpayer money on legal fees (or, for other kinds of cases, paying money damages). It's like money grows on trees, in their minds.
I got mine in Clarke County in about 10 days.

I'm nor aware of any "issues" with slow delivery in ACC.

Only one who can give you a definitive answer is the probate judge.

Although I have to note you are well within the 45 day "must issue" period.

Yeah I'm going to go tomorrow. I'll let y'all know what happens thanks for the replies

When I got mine it only took a few weeks. My brother in law applied the same day and his took a little longer. I believe the background check can take longer for some people.

I thought the legal limit was 30 days or so.

Cobb did mine in 2 weeks, even after I forgot the stamp on the envelope.

I had to renew mine back in January. It took exactly 2 weeks. 5 years ago it was the same thing. 2 weeks.
Call probate, as suggested.

Back
Top Bottom