• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

carrying a pistol under 21

924208106g

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
I am 20 years old and own five pistols. I know that I can buy them from individuals at my age but can I carry them in my car to the range? Im not talking about carrying them on my hip but also can i keep it in my car?

Yes you can keep it in your vehicle unloaded with ammo stored separate while in transit to and from a place for shooting, hunting.

I would be very leery though because even though legal, and I never once had a problem. Many LEO's are uniformed on the specifics of those laws. It's not their fault, I mean there is no way to know the specifics on every law.

And as for keeping it in your car....well just don't do that.

just keep it in plain sight and unloaded to avoid any confusion. While going to and from the range.
leave it in the car is bad because #1: theres a high chance it will be stolen and #2: you might forget its there during a stop and then be in deep donkey sh*t

I really am not planning to keep it in my car I was just curious. Being in college its a pain in the ass to take it in and out of your car. but me and my girlfriend (both under 21) are going to the range tomorrow and wanted to take the new pistol. just making sure it was ok to take. Before now I have been only taking pistols when an older friend is with me. thanks for the input guys

What are you taking about get him in trouble?
the vehicle is an extension of the home and it is legal for a 18 year old to have a pistol. There is nothing illegal about him having a pistol in the car if it is unloaded with mags in another unreachable location and not loaded, or a wheel gun with cylinder open and ammo also unreachable. It just has to be in plain sight.

Back
Top Bottom